Watch Folders

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
maVen

Watch Folders

Post by maVen »

I can't believe it, I have 3 tumblr accounts using the "watch folder" module, over 1,000 images per account, my idea was to cycle through them all and then go back to the start, except I ticked the box "unique upload only" and now I have ONE watch folder in HELP> WATCH FOLDER> SAVED with all the images in one folder all mixed up, for crying out loud can we not have a separate saved watch folder per account, it's going to take forever to sort these out.

:evil:
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Watch Folders

Post by martin@rootjazz »

You have 3 accounts
Each account is set up on a different folder
You added 1000 images to each folder
You accidentally clicked the "unique uploads" option

Is the above correct?

What were you trying to do?

The watch folder will watch for new images to a folder, then when finds new images will move them to a waiting folder and upload them. The waiting folder is used so the images are not continually found in the watch folder. The module will not cycle through the images, uploading them repeatedly (as you imply you wanted to do).

It is aimed at working with custom image scrapers. So you can scrape to a folder and have TumJaz upload them.

for crying out loud can we not have a separate saved watch folder per account
yes, select account, enter path, setup action, click watch button. :-\
maVen

Post by maVen »

martin@rootjazz wrote:You have 3 accounts
Each account is set up on a different folder
You added 1000 images to each folder
You accidentally clicked the "unique uploads" option

Is the above correct?

What were you trying to do?

The watch folder will watch for new images to a folder, then when finds new images will move them to a waiting folder and upload them. The waiting folder is used so the images are not continually found in the watch folder. The module will not cycle through the images, uploading them repeatedly (as you imply you wanted to do).

It is aimed at working with custom image scrapers. So you can scrape to a folder and have TumJaz upload them.

for crying out loud can we not have a separate saved watch folder per account
yes, select account, enter path, setup action, click watch button. :-\

Well it doesn't work like that at all, let me tell you what is happening and you can perhaps explain why it is happening like that.

I have set up three watch folder processes with three different accounts and three different source folders (dropbox folders**) I have it posting 50 images a day to my tumblr queue for each separate tumblr account.

it appears to be taking all these images and dumping them first into a single folder>

C:\Users\*********************\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Tumbling Jazz\watchcmdsaved

then into >

C:\Users\*********************\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Tumbling Jazz\watchcmduploads

and posting them to the correct tumbler accounts but ... I'd like to eventually cancel these watch folder processes and put all the images back into dropbox folders and then create more watch folder processes regurgitating the same images but now they're all mixed up in the tumbling jazz folders, all three watch folder processes are using the same tumblingjazz folders as above.

**I have folders on my laptop that I use to manually dump images into the correct dropbox folders.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Well it doesn't work like that at all, let me tell you what is happening and you can perhaps explain why it is happening like that.

I have set up three watch folder processes with three different accounts and three different source folders (dropbox folders**) I have it posting 50 images a day to my tumblr queue for each separate tumblr account.

it appears to be taking all these images and dumping them first into a single folder>

C:\Users\*********************\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Tumbling Jazz\watchcmdsaved

then into >

C:\Users\*********************\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Tumbling Jazz\watchcmduploads

and posting them to the correct tumbler accounts but ... I'd like to eventually cancel these watch folder processes and put all the images back into dropbox folders and then create more watch folder processes regurgitating the same images but now they're all mixed up in the tumbling jazz folders, all three watch folder processes are using the same tumblingjazz folders as above.
so the images you put in to the separate watch folders *do* get uploaded correctly to the correct accounts?

If so, your issue is with where the images get moved to AFTER uploading?

What you say about
then into >
Sounds correct now you mentioned it, a global waiting watch folder, then a global completed watch folder.

but now they're all mixed up in the tumbling jazz folders, all three watch folder processes are using the same tumblingjazz folders as above.
ok, I think I understand you. Everything works, *BUT* you cannot then place the images back into original watch folder for reuploading.

The module wasn't really designed to keep things separately, so is working as designed. For the time being, the only thing you could do is mass rename the images before uploading, so perhaps pre-pending the filename with
watch1_...
watch2_...
watch3_...

then you can then easily order by filename and place back in to the correct folders.

I have made a note to see about placing the files in the watch completed folder based on original directory name, but no ETA of when this will be completed
maVen

Post by maVen »

What about creating a sub-folder per watch folder module process ??
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

maVen wrote:What about creating a sub-folder per watch folder module process ??
That is what I meant by (more or less) by
I have made a note to see about placing the files in the watch completed folder based on original directory name, but no ETA of when this will be completed