Queue Images Failing

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
Moses

Re: Queue Images Failing

Post by Moses »

Did you test queuing with 3 settings threads and 5 processor threads?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Moses wrote:
What happens if you increase your wait time to random 30-60 seconds. I would expect a higher % or success. Thus it must be a rapid limiting your facing. Post slow = higher success
Do you mean set random pause (delay) to 30-60 seconds?
yes
I believe I stopped the test around 250, as surpassed your limit of 140ish and it all seemed to be working
Did you post with 3 settings threads and 5 processor threads?[/quote]
no, as when you tested with a single thread with a pause you got a better success rate. if can test a single thread with 30-60 second pause, I predict it should work 100% successfully, thus you were rate limited.

If not, we can take it from there
Moses

Post by Moses »

no, as when you tested with a single thread with a pause you got a better success rate. if can test a single thread with 30-60 second pause, I predict it should work 100% successfully, thus you were rate limited.
I can't use single processor thread every time i queue images because i have other repeating actions (Follow & Like) in the processor that run with many threads. Also, i plan to enable the repeat function for the queue image action. So this means every time i queue images i'll i have to manually visit the processor and adjust it to 1 thread.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

running likes / follows at the same time doesn't matter.

Only one thread must run with posting images.

Al information you have given points to a limiting issue. Before when you posted with multiple processing threads, each running multiple action threads, you were able to queue LESS than when you used a single thread with a small pause.
Moses

Post by Moses »

Only one thread must run with posting images.
I understand, but i set 11 threads in the processor because i have like & follow items.
If i do what you say, then every time i queue images i'll i have to manually visit the processor and adjust it to 1 thread to queue images.
Then after images finished being queued for all account, i'll have to set threads back to 11 for like & follow items.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

If you have ONE image posting action and that action uses ONE thread, then it doesn't matter if you run MANY processing tab threads, as only one image is posted at a time.

Now if you have multiple image posting actions, then yes, this would be a problem, but there is not away around this at the moment. I suppose you could lower how many items you queue up, and instead of using the tumblr queue, use TJ to queue up posts via the PAUSE functionality and TIME PERIOD.
Moses

Post by Moses »

If you have ONE image posting action and that action uses ONE thread,
Do you mean settings threads?

Can you please test 3 settings threads and 5 processor threads?
because i won't be able to use 1 thread for the reasons i provided.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

because i won't be able to use 1 thread for the reasons i provided.
I am sorry, but you are saying you cannot use the program in a way that works with tumblr.

What do you expect me to do here?

Fair enough you cannot work within tumblr limits, that is your decision. But if not, you cannot expect to push things to the limits. Either reducing your posting frequency, or limit how you use the queue. I gave a work around to using queue limits, if that doesn't suit your flow, then there is nothing more I can do.
Moses

Post by Moses »

You're saying is limiting because i'm using multiple threads, but if this was true then you shouldn't be able to use multiple threads as well.
If you can use multiple threads then it shouldn't be limiting issue. Maybe i can't use multiple threads because of an issue that's not limiting. The only way we can know this if you test multiple threads as well. That's all i'm asking.

Also, i'm sure other users are using multiple threads for posting images without any issues or else you would get a lot of these reports.
Moses

Post by Moses »

No response