Not Ask Enabled

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to any of our other products
Moses

Not Ask Enabled

Post by Moses »

I noticed for TJ Ask feature the app pauses for URLs that don't have ask enabled. It would keep pausing for these same URLs on every run, instead of instantly skipping in the beginning like the already asked URLs. The runs will take longer as these "not ask enabled" URLs accumulate..
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Not Ask Enabled

Post by martin@rootjazz »

there is no pause in the code.
It would keep pausing for these same URLs on every run
If you feed in the same file, with the same URLs, then yes each URL will be rechecked everytime it is asked. The "pause" you are referring to, is the HTTP call to check if the blog is asked enabled
Moses

Post by Moses »

If you feed in the same file, with the same URLs, then yes each URL will be rechecked everytime it is asked. The "pause" you are referring to, is the HTTP call to check if the blog is asked enabled
Can those URLs that disabled asked be skipped then? because the runs will take longer as these URLs accumulate.

Also this is off topic, but the gplus update from yesterday isn't downloading new version. I sent email about it yesterday.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Moses wrote:
Can those URLs that disabled asked be skipped then? because the runs will take longer as these URLs accumulate.
I am not with you. If you check a list that contains

url1
url2
url3

the first time you run it. url 1 fails as not enabled and 2 and 3 pass

The 2nd time you run the same file, you want to skip url1? But perhaps url is enabled now?

At any rate, I think it is correct to check the file as passed in.

But perhaps I have misunderstood