How to? Quoted Retweets of all the LATEST tweets from ACCOUNT excluding replies starting from June 1st 2018

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

How to? Quoted Retweets of all the LATEST tweets from ACCOUNT excluding replies starting from June 1st 2018

Post by bitcoin »

See title: can it be done?

Context: a big account recently blocked many accounts. Because the account is rather important, I thought to create a retweet dummy account. Of course, just retweeting is not enough (blocked ppl won't be able to see the retweets either) so I wanted to do something like a quoted retweet, where the text is copied into a fresh tweet. Basically, I want my helper account to tweet the same stuff Big Account does, preferably tagging @BigAccount in the process ;-)

Details: not TOP results, but LATEST. Preferably not something that starts crawling back in time again so some kind of time limit should be possible too. And NO replies should be retweeted either :)

My other bot can't touch this - can you? ;p
Last edited by bitcoin on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bitcoin

Re: How to? Quoted Retweets of all the LATEST tweets from ACCOUNT excluding replies starting from June 1st 2018

Post by bitcoin »

PS: would be great if I could add a custom text too...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: How to? Quoted Retweets of all the LATEST tweets from ACCOUNT excluding replies starting from June 1st 2018

Post by martin@rootjazz »

retweet tab
click quoted retweet
specify text to include

search: userfeed
filter: something to handle june 1st - this is the problem. Nothing really exists. You "could" try hours since tweet, but that would require updating daily for the action.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Hmm, I've been playing with that. I'll try again now it's daylight :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I've been thinking about the filter as well. A specific date to ignore before / after.

Problem is - as always - it isn't as simple as that.

A filter to ignore tweets after X date. Means that a user feed being scraped, will go back in time, so if tweet A is after X date, it is ignored, then we can assume tweetsB + are all after that date. But nothing exists in the code to say "stop everything now you won't find any new items after this" - it will just keep trying and trying, until (maybe) a protection "failed 40 in a row stopping" kicks in.

So this means what would be a quick change to just test for dates, requires additional functionality for filters - filter spec - searching and probably other things I haven't thought of yet. So a quick update, then drags on with new issues / new problems until it all gets fixed...

But the suggestion is good and probably should be included (at some point)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Looking at it all now - see if I can get what I need. A work-around for the XY days limit could be a limit of "only last XY tweets". That should be easier, no? No need to mess with dates that way.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:01 pm
specify text to include
The text I want to include is the text of the original tweet - was that one clear? Quoting the tweet with just the link won't work because the quoted tweets will still be invisible for banned accounts...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

A quoted retweet works the same as it does with twitter. Does a quoted retweet not work for you?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

If that account blocked you... No? I wouldn't know how... If I reference / quote the original tweet, it's over if one is blocked.