Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I had it happen again - it was one of the first questions I had here: can it be that tasks disappear??
They shouldn't - but they can. If the database read / write function is not correct then the task action can fail to load. But it still exists, it will be in your database, just it cannot load.

You can send me your database folder if you want and I can check which actions are not loading and what is causing that failure.

If you want me to do this: send me the folder:
%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdub\database

This folder may be very large depending on your usage, in fact I would only need two folders

%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdub\database\dbaccount
%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdub\database\dbaction

So might be quicker to just zip those two folders up and email me

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
bitcoin wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:52 pm Pin tasks...

I again missed a few tasks the other day. I've always been very careful to only clean completed tasks and manually check up on anything that has status failed. So I doubt they disappeared by accident. Only thing I can imagine is, after an update, the task doesn't continue but is completed.

Concerns a: tweet images task (a few of them actually) that I had to re-create all. They have no daily schedule set, just a frequency on how often to tweet something.

So I was thinking to create something like a "pinned" taks: it cannot be deleted unless it's unpinned first. It would greatly help in my trust and in keeping an overview...
This could be done to stop *YOU* accidentally deleting the actions (by pressing delete on your keyboard, by right click > delete or using the CLEAR button. But it would not stop the above mention loading issue.

But it sounds straight forward enough to add a flag to an action to not allow the file to be deleted. Suggestion noted
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

email sent :)
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:55 pmemail sent :)
Admin has been notified about this and he will reply back here after investigation.

Regards
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:55 pmemail sent :)
replied in email
terrencecontact

Post by terrencecontact »

Is it Possible to get an SMS verification Feature? as well as a bulk password reset on twitter dub? A password reset that is not just locally? because on the twitter website you can easily change your password without having to go through your email, you would only need your original password and the new password to be typed two times.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

terrencecontact wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:20 pm Is it Possible to get an SMS verification Feature? as well as a bulk password reset on twitter dub? A password reset that is not just locally? because on the twitter website you can easily change your password without having to go through your email, you would only need your original password and the new password to be typed two times.

Unlikely, phone / SMS verification is complex as far as I am aware and just opening myself up to nightmare issues that rely on external services that I then have to support.

But I do have some TODOs to look into some services to test for reliability / accuracy. So it is a maybe - but not a definite
SkullLife

Post by SkullLife »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:52 pm
SkullLife wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:53 pm Is there any way that you can make it so it will allow the program to minimize system tray? That would be awesome!
I can look into it, is probably straight forward. Remind me in 2 weeks
It looks like this was added and it does put the icon in the system tray but for some reason it still stays up on the screen with a minimized box:

OR

it will minimize to the task bar with no little box but no tray icon either:

Can this be fixed so that if it goes to the system tray there is no little box still on the screen?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

SkullLife wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:51 am
martin@rootjazz wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:52 pm
SkullLife wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:53 pm Is there any way that you can make it so it will allow the program to minimize system tray? That would be awesome!
I can look into it, is probably straight forward. Remind me in 2 weeks
It looks like this was added and it does put the icon in the system tray but for some reason it still stays up on the screen with a minimized box:

OR

it will minimize to the task bar with no little box but no tray icon either:

Can this be fixed so that if it goes to the system tray there is no little box still on the screen?

Yes it does that - I've no idea why. It shouldn't. I don't have a win10 install at the moment to test on nor can find anything online where anyone has had the same issue. It is on the to look into list, but not a high priority at the moment in all honesty. So probably best not to minimise on windows 10
SkullLife

Post by SkullLife »

A great feature to add would be: Under the Follow Tab - for Adv Pre-Actions - to add a button/check box to Auto Mute the account your going to follow.

The Follow feature it great and probably one of the most used in the bot, the issue is when you follow say 50,000 people, you now have your feed bogged done with a lot of clutter. I know Twitter people say why bother following them if you don't want their feed, but realistically it's so they follow you back. If we followed manually one ant a time we could just mute one at a time no big deal. But following 50,000 with a bot makes the manual muting one at a time task a bit too much to handle.

I'd like to automatically mute the mass list of people I'm going to follow/following and then go through and unmute whoever I want later.

Also it would be great to have a mass/bulk mute feature separately but not sure if that's possible. I was thinking it might be possible or easier during the initial following function like how we can like set Twitterdub to like or retweet on follow with Pre-Actions
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

wow - glad I'm not following you :)