ReTweet ONLY original tweets, not replies

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
support@rootjazz

Re: ReTweet ONLY original tweets, not replies

Post by support@rootjazz »

kevshTO wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:59 pm I just noticed this thread again today. Yes, it was an issue as I noticed a few accounts still retweeting retweets even when I had the option checked to retweet originals only.

I've installed the update posted today and will monitor to see if it's still an issue.

Thanks!
Hope the issue will be solved. :)
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Was working ... But now it is again tweeting retweets.

Guys, coupled with the issue of repeating actions (see my other thread), this is another issue that is solved, then reappears, then is solved, then reappears once again ... I don't know what kind of testing you are doing before your releases but is frustrating to have to constantly babysit TwitterDub, every day, to make sure that a new/old bug hasn't resurfaced.

I'm now faced with having to manually visit each of my accounts on Twitter, every day, to ensure that TD hasn't retweeted something inappropriate to my followers. (I can of course control which accounts I retweet from but they often retweet an other account's tweets which means far less control over what my followers will see.)
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

What do you mean? tweeting retweets? Did you use filter ? IS that action worked in previous version and not working with new version and tweeting replies too?

Guys, coupled with the issue of repeating actions (see my other thread), this is another issue that is solved, then reappears, then is solved, then reappears once again ... I don't know what kind of testing you are doing before your releases but is frustrating to have to constantly babysit TwitterDub, every day, to make sure that a new/old bug hasn't resurfaced.

Can you confirm that those actions are created recently or in old version? ( though it does not matter at all ).
You're facing action repeating issue again? Can you tell us more about this isssue? What TD version are you using?

I'm now faced with having to manually visit each of my accounts on Twitter, every day, to ensure that TD hasn't retweeted something inappropriate to my followers. (I can of course control which accounts I retweet from but they often retweet an other account's tweets which means far less control over what my followers will see.)

Regards
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

support@rootjazz wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:16 am
What do you mean? tweeting retweets? Did you use filter ? IS that action worked in previous version and not working with new version and tweeting replies too?
Specifically, TD is retweeting users' retweets.
Yes, I've been using the filter and up until a few days ago I was only retweeting original tweets from accounts listed (I use a list of accounts and retweet those users). Now it's apparently retweeting those users' retweets as well.
support@rootjazz wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:16 am

Can you confirm that those actions are created recently or in old version? ( though it does not matter at all ).
You're facing action repeating issue again? Can you tell us more about this isssue? What TD version are you using?
The action repeating issue is in its own thread: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5397&start=30
Using version 1.4.0.2. On launch it's still telling me to update to the latest version though.

Edit #1: Just submitted a log 7797 - There are probably 2 actions in there, but obviously the retweet is the one I'm referring to. It's clearly retweeting user's retweets. I'm not sure if it's possible to see if the option for only retweeting originals is set from the log files but I made sure to check that option on every retweet action I created.

Edit #2: Downloaded 1.4.1.6 and it's still retweeting retweets.

(On a side note, is it also ignoring users that follow me as well? It seems from the output file it is - an option I have never checked in the tweet filters.)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

according to the logs, there is no filter to specify original tweets only.

The only filter I can see being applied is:
Checking Filter: if not follower
(On a side note, is it also ignoring users that follow me as well? It seems from the output file it is - an option I have never checked in the tweet filters.)
I assume this is an old action, that has been repeating. Is this correct?

If that is the case, it would appear your filter has been lost and the default filter has been applied. HOWEVER, ignore if follower is not default filter. So it shouldn't be set. Thus, I would think you had to have set it. But if you say you didn't, then things become strange.

Let me run some tests to see if I can replicate this behaviour. But regardless of that, you will need to recreate the action with correct filter settings as any bugs I find is not going to bring your filter back - just stop it being "lost" in the future.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I was unable to replicate this, it works on repeat, it works on restart for me. Not sure what else to suggest - rebuild the action and keep an eye on the logs for the first few repeats and see if it comes back