Action Repeating - Why?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Action Repeating - Why?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

kevshTO wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:12 pm Thanks for the reply, Marin, but why is this a problem again?
Earlier in the thread you patched a fix so this wouldn't occur, yet it's back - same issue with TumblrJazz.

Sure, I can reduce the fluctuation but what would be a safe value? (Since I can't change this via the text files I'm going to have to redo all of these actions.) If this going to continue to be an issue, should the software have a forced limit or other safeguard to prevent this?

Regards
Kevin
Right click the action in the PROCESSOR whilst the action is waiting
select EDIT ACTION

and you should be able to edit the fluct value

The issue is your FLUCT value is large than than the running time of the action. So the action is finishing BEFORE the daily run time.

22nd: daily run time: 14:00, but with the fluct it ran at 13:00 and complete at 13:30. The program expects the action to finish AFTER the specified daily run time, so it is causing the issue with the timing calculation. I'll look into something, but due to other factors, it is not as easy as it sounds to fix. If you just change your fluct time it will solve it)
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:00 pm
kevshTO wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:12 pm Thanks for the reply, Marin, but why is this a problem again?
Earlier in the thread you patched a fix so this wouldn't occur, yet it's back - same issue with TumblrJazz.

Sure, I can reduce the fluctuation but what would be a safe value? (Since I can't change this via the text files I'm going to have to redo all of these actions.) If this going to continue to be an issue, should the software have a forced limit or other safeguard to prevent this?

Regards
Kevin
Right click the action in the PROCESSOR whilst the action is waiting
select EDIT ACTION

and you should be able to edit the fluct value

The issue is your FLUCT value is large than than the running time of the action. So the action is finishing BEFORE the daily run time.

22nd: daily run time: 14:00, but with the fluct it ran at 13:00 and complete at 13:30. The program expects the action to finish AFTER the specified daily run time, so it is causing the issue with the timing calculation. I'll look into something, but due to other factors, it is not as easy as it sounds to fix. If you just change your fluct time it will solve it)
Ok, but how does the program calculate the fluctuation timing? I see a Pause Min and Pause Max in the edit file, so if I specify a start time of 14:00 how does it use the Pause values (let's say a Pause Min of 10 and Pause Max of 20) to decide when to run?

I ask because your example doesn't make sense to me: If I have a run time of 14:00 and the action takes 2 minutes to complete (use a low-end example although most actions run for at least a couple of minutes more), you're saying if it finishes before 14:00 the program will reschedule it for the same day -- so that means it would have to start at 13:58 or later? That means a fluctuation of only 2 minutes, which I'd think is far too small of a variance to ward off the bot-sniffing dogs, so to speak. Or am I just misunderstanding how it works?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I thought I had posted here, I think the finishing before daily run time on same day fluct bug is fixed.

Might even have been uploaded - I cannot remember. Will push update today anyway to be sure
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

So far they're all rescheduling between 23:00 tonight and 0:30 tomorrow (the original actions ran around 15:45). Better, but not ideal obviously.

I'll let a few more run this evening and see if the pattern persists.

Edit: After monitoring this evening, all the actions are rescheduling as noted above, regardless of schedule/completion time.
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

So far today actions once completed aren't rescheduling at all.

Here's a message from the output after completing:
* ERROR: daily runner set: 10:13: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

and if you have instadub
https://rootjazz.com/instadub/updatetesting.html

The fix for daily runner + fluct finish before daily run time added this bug, that on the end of the month it would try and create an illegal date, it also broke normal daily runner with no fluct.

All should be fixed already
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

The update you posted above seemed to fix it - temporarily. The problem has resurfaced again.
Noticed it with a few actions today after updating to the latest version of TD.

Btw, even after installing the update when I open TD it's saying there is a newer version available.
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

kevshTO wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:25 pm The update you posted above seemed to fix it - temporarily. The problem has resurfaced again.
Noticed it with a few actions today after updating to the latest version of TD.

Btw, even after installing the update when I open TD it's saying there is a newer version available.
Unfortunetly, the version 1.415 link is not there under download button. I have already reported this issue to admin and he will fix this as soon as possible. We aplogize for the inconveniences.
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

I updated to 1.4.1.6 earlier today and so far this doesn't look like it's still an issue.