Action Repeating - Why?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
kevshTO

Re: Action Repeating - Why?

Post by kevshTO »

Looks good, all actions working as intended. Thanks again!
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

Thanks for the report :)
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

ID: 92335

Looks like this issue has resurfaced. I've been noticing it on image posts and retweets so far.
Action runs, completes and then sets the next run time to a few minutes later instead of the following day as its supposed to. These are all "Daily Run" actions.

In the logs there was another action that ran unfortunately (a retweet), but there is only one image post - account name starts "jjdrea". Hopefully you can isolate the issue with that info.

Thanks
support@rootjazz

kevshTO wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:14 pm ID: 92335

Looks like this issue has resurfaced. I've been noticing it on image posts and retweets so far.
Action runs, completes and then sets the next run time to a few minutes later instead of the following day as its supposed to. These are all "Daily Run" actions.

In the logs there was another action that ran unfortunately (a retweet), but there is only one image post - account name starts "jjdrea". Hopefully you can isolate the issue with that info.

Thanks
The log number has been forwarded to martin and he will reply here back after investigation.
Can you please tell me , how many accounts are you using?
How many actions are in processor tab?
How many image posts per account?
How many retweet per account?

Regards
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

support@rootjazz wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:53 am
kevshTO wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:14 pm ID: 92335

Thanks
The log number has been forwarded to martin and he will reply here back after investigation.
Can you please tell me , how many accounts are you using?
How many actions are in processor tab?
How many image posts per account?
How many retweet per account?

Regards
Thanks, I have 14 accounts, about 100 actions, typically 2-3 image posts per account, 2-3 retweets.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

09:56:51: Repeat action: daily runner: 10:30
09:56:51: Repeat action: hours: 10 mins: 30
09:56:51: Fluctuate wait: 74
09:56:51: Random fluctuate: 74
09:56:51: Next Daily runnner: After Fluctuated2018-02-20 10:13 AM
your action completed at 09:58
the daily runner time is 10:30 with a fluctuation

so is rescheduled for 10:13, which is 15 minutes from the end.

Code: Select all

10:06:26: Repeat action: daily runner: 11:20
10:06:26: Repeat action:  hours: 11 mins: 20
10:06:26: Fluctuate wait: 102
10:06:26: Random fluctuate: 102
10:06:26: Next Daily runnner: After Fluctuated: 2018-02-20 12:43 PM
similar here. finished at 10:06, daily time: 11:20

This all appears correct.

What I imagine is happening is your FLUCT value, is greater than the time to run the action.

So the program runs on an early fluct and completes BEFORE the fluct time. But the program is not aware of whether the action was pre-fluct, or whether you just turned your machine on.

Remove or at least reduce your fluct and should be ok
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Thanks for the reply, Marin, but why is this a problem again?
Earlier in the thread you patched a fix so this wouldn't occur, yet it's back - same issue with TumblrJazz.

Sure, I can reduce the fluctuation but what would be a safe value? (Since I can't change this via the text files I'm going to have to redo all of these actions.) If this going to continue to be an issue, should the software have a forced limit or other safeguard to prevent this?

Regards
Kevin
support@rootjazz

kevshTO wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:12 pm Thanks for the reply, Marin, but why is this a problem again?
Earlier in the thread you patched a fix so this wouldn't occur, yet it's back - same issue with TumblrJazz.

Sure, I can reduce the fluctuation but what would be a safe value? (Since I can't change this via the text files I'm going to have to redo all of these actions.) If this going to continue to be an issue, should the software have a forced limit or other safeguard to prevent this?

Regards
Kevin
What I imagine is happening is your FLUCT value, is greater than the time to run the action.

So the program runs on an early fluct and completes BEFORE the fluct time. But the program is not aware of whether the action was pre-fluct, or whether you just turned your machine on.
This is the main issue that martin has suspected.
TJ has no update regarding daily runner or fluct issue. Are you facing this issue in TJ too? The issue shouldn't be in TJ as the software had no issue like that i remember.

Please do as martin has said above. Which is causing the confusion.

Creating new actions with good fluct is a good choice. The software has no forced limit for fluct or in daily runner.
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

support@rootjazz wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:01 am
kevshTO wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:12 pm Thanks for the reply, Marin, but why is this a problem again?

Regards
Kevin

This is the main issue that martin has suspected.
TJ has no update regarding daily runner or fluct issue. Are you facing this issue in TJ too? The issue shouldn't be in TJ as the software had no issue like that i remember.

Please do as martin has said above. Which is causing the confusion.

Creating new actions with good fluct is a good choice. The software has no forced limit for fluct or in daily runner.
Thanks for the reply but I'm still not sure what an acceptable fluctuation time is? I reset a few actions with a 40-50 minute fluctuation (they had been up to 100 minutes before, though typically in the 65-80 min. range) and I'm still seeing the same issue - a few times an action has ran two more times before correctly scheduling for the next day.

I'm going for a longer fluctuation obviously to look less suspicious of bot-like behaviour, however, if a 5-minute fluctuation will appease the software and not get my account banned, then I'll do that ... But, the software should behave in any case, at least so far as allowing for a sensible range in the fluctuation, right? Or, the previously mentioned limit built into the software.

And yes, absolutely happening in TJ as well. I can submit a log file on request.
support@rootjazz

And yes, absolutely happening in TJ as well. I can submit a log file on request.
Please submit.