Twitter 2-factor authentication

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to any of our other products
jayceegudoy

Twitter 2-factor authentication

Post by jayceegudoy »

Hi, before I purchase, I just want to know if your twitter automation software will work for twitter accounts with two-factor authentication? Or do I need to disable it first before using your software?

tnx!
Jaycee
support@rootjazz

Re: Twitter 2-factor authentication

Post by support@rootjazz »

jayceegudoy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 am Hi, before I purchase, I just want to know if your twitter automation software will work for twitter accounts with two-factor authentication? Or do I need to disable it first before using your software?

tnx!
Jaycee
Thanks for reaching out.
The 2 factor authentication never gave this software any problem till now as so many TD users are here and nobody has created any issue thread regarding 2 factor authentication of twitter. So, the software works very well.

For your reference: 2 factor authentication is mainly used for security purpose, such as while logging into twitter from different IP addresses, to verify that, we need 2 factor authentication system. But, TD is an API based software and has no problem with different IP login as i guess, you will use 1 proxy / no proxy for single account.

Regards
jayceegudoy

Post by jayceegudoy »

Thanks for responding to my query. This question came about because I have been using an automation tool (followliker) which apparently does not support twitter accounts with 2 factor authentication. Since you are supporting this then, I'll go ahead and give your software a try.
support@rootjazz

jayceegudoy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:05 am Thanks for responding to my query. This question came about because I have been using an automation tool (followliker) which apparently does not support twitter accounts with 2 factor authentication. Since you are supporting this then, I'll go ahead and give your software a try.
You're welcome to Twitterdub family. :)
jayceegudoy

Post by jayceegudoy »

Hi, I already purchased your product. Done creating the API and secret keys and all. And now I am stuck with this message. Please help me with this.

Failed to authorize account, please try again.

If the problem persists, please submit logs to support: HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

Additional, try to log into twitter.com
If you do an get an email / phone verification message, that is the reason why it didn't work.

You can attempt to authorize your account again from the ACCOUNTS tab, check the AUTHORIZE ACCOUNT button

Where is this ACCOUNTS tab?

Regards, Jaycee
support@rootjazz

jayceegudoy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:46 am Hi, I already purchased your product. Done creating the API and secret keys and all. And now I am stuck with this message. Please help me with this.

Failed to authorize account, please try again.

If you do an get an email / phone verification message, that is the reason why it didn't work.

You can attempt to authorize your account again from the ACCOUNTS tab, check the AUTHORIZE ACCOUNT button

Where is this ACCOUNTS tab?

Regards, Jaycee

Thanks for reaching out.

How did you add the account?

The accounts tab is actually VIEW ACCOUNTS tab

Must have a watch on it => viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5559

Please have a look here => viewforum.php?f=32 for whole twitterdub tutorial set

FYI: twitterdub has different modules set in it. For follow / unfollow/ like / tweet/ retweet. Just hover on the icons and you will see the names.

Is your account working fine in browser? Are you trying to login using same proxy via twitterdub?

Note: your account should be working with browser. api token can be generated if your account is working fine.

If you think you have tried all and the issue is still persists then

GOTO HELP > LOG > DELETE ALL THE LOGS

RUN THE ACTION

GOTO HELP > LOG > SUBMIT

Do not run any other actions, just run the action and after it ends, submit the log, also note the log id
Post the log ID here.

Regards
jayceegudoy

Post by jayceegudoy »

Hi,

This is not what I am expecting. You said that your program works with 2 factor authentication on. And why did I come across this old post from you guys:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1635

It clearly states here:
Turn off 2factor authentication
If you turn on 2factor authentication on your account, everytime Twitterdub tries to log in (to create keys / authorise keys) it will be promoted to verify via an SMS message. Twitterdub CANNOT DO THIS.
I can not turn it off because my client has a high security standard that needs to be followed. So lease tell me if this will still work even though the 2 factor auth is on or I will have to ask for a cancellation and refund.

Thanks,
Jaycee
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Hi,

Sorry for any confusion, let me try and clear it up for you.

2FA must be turned OFF, so the program can authorise the account to use the API KEYS. It does this by:
logging into your account
going to the correct URL
clicking the link to authorise the account to use the API.

So for this, the 2FA must be off, otherwise the program cannot log in.

However, once this is done, the program will perform it's automations via the authorised API - thus 2FA can be turned back on.

Additionally, if you want the program to create your API KEYS - again it will need to log into twitter to set up the api keys, so 2FA must be off, but you can do this manually so it may not effect you.

Whether the client will agree to disable 2FA for 2 minutes whilst you do the above I do not know. If not and you want a refund, send me an email:

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com