Promo Likes for no Reason...

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
omegasolutions

Promo Likes for no Reason...

Post by omegasolutions »

If I put 0 in promo likes; why is an action created and the program liking anyway?

I understand if the action is created...but why is it liking and when will it stop; since I stated I only wanted zero.
support@rootjazz

Re: Promo Likes for no Reason...

Post by support@rootjazz »

omegasolutions wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:25 pm If I put 0 in promo likes; why is an action created and the program liking anyway?

I understand if the action is created...but why is it liking and when will it stop; since I stated I only wanted zero.
Please provide steps of promo action creation. I should replicate the issue before reporting.
omegasolutions

Post by omegasolutions »

support@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:56 am
omegasolutions wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:25 pm If I put 0 in promo likes; why is an action created and the program liking anyway?

Please provide steps of promo action creation. I should replicate the issue before reporting.
Put 0 in promo likes - start processing.
support@rootjazz

omegasolutions wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:54 pm
support@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:56 am

Put 0 in promo likes - start processing.
In order to report issues i usually need to check the issue with exact steps. However, i have replicated your issue with " likes = 0 " and i am getting something else. But, as the point why 0 likes 1) trying to create like action, 2) liking media / tweet / or whatever. The issue is existing.

What i have tried is :

Goto twitterdub Promo tab
Select the account
Promo style = normal
Set some keywords
similar account = blank
follows = 10 , likes = 0
check radio button - wider

I am getting unauthorized error.

I have reported this thread to martin as well.
omegasolutions

Post by omegasolutions »

Thanks for the update..
support@rootjazz

Still no update here? Is your problem solved yet? Did martin say any explanation for your question?
omegasolutions

Post by omegasolutions »

support@rootjazz wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:14 am Still no update here? Is your problem solved yet? Did martin say any explanation for your question?
No close to two months later - no resolution
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Sorry for not replying soon. Must have missed it. I will (99%) of the time reply as soon as I am aware of the issue. Even if is just a "I am looking at it".

Please do bump if you don't get a prompt response, sometimes things get missed, I lose a list of things I need to check that day etc.

So yes, the issue sounds like a bug. 0 USUALLY means process all. 5 years ago, that wasn't a problem. You could process items all day long with next to no limits. Now, probably not a good idea and 0 should mean none, if you want to process items you must specify. But seems like in this case, 0 should mean 0, but is not detected.

let me check
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

the program wasn't expecting you to specify 0, so wasn't handled.

The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin