Post Tweets from file is tweeting *** :(

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Re: Post Tweets from file is tweeting *** :(

Post by bitcoin »

He also said he'd filter it out when the *** on each line were found. It makes it easy to switch from tweet images to tweet from file and in general; it doesn't confuse me ;p

So... What's the latest status on the 'bad' *** usage here?

:) thank you
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

He also said he'd filter it out when the *** on each line were found. It makes it easy to switch from tweet images to tweet from file and in general; it doesn't confuse me ;p

So... What's the latest status on the 'bad' *** usage here?

:) thank you

One tweet per line in the text file is sufficient. I have read whole thread again and i have replicated the issue. When i tried to post tweet from text file - i saw them posted perfectly. I didn't use any *** at the end of each tweet line. Please do not use *** in tweet text file.

The *** is only working in Assign meta - > description > add multiple then

desc1 ***
desc2 ***
desc3 ***

Else, *** is not required in other places. Am i missing something or not understanding your problem? If that , please point that. :)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Again, I think Martin filtered the *** out by now. Again, Tweet Images with body from txt file needs this. Again, Tweet from File originally does not want that.

It's inconsistent for an outsider. And inconvenient to me, because after I while I move a promo from 'with random images' to 'just the tweet bodies'.

Either both should be without *** or both should be with ***
Editing in Notepad++ sure is easier without the *** though.

Have you tested Tweet from File *with* *** on a newline after every tweet body in the text file...?
support@rootjazz

bitcoin wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:30 am Again, I think Martin filtered the *** out by now. Again, Tweet Images with body from txt file needs this. Again, Tweet from File originally does not want that.

It's inconsistent for an outsider. And inconvenient to me, because after I while I move a promo from 'with random images' to 'just the tweet bodies'.

Have you tested Tweet from File *with* *** on a newline after every tweet body in the text file...?
First, i need to apologize for the misunderstanding as the thread was started tweeting from text file so i was focused on tweeting from .txt file. Later i have seen you were talking about image tweet too. I should have asked you about the steps you were following. That would be more efficient. But after reading the whole thread i decided to replicate the issue for Tweet image tab with tweet file and use that file to tweet from file only ( text tweet only).

I have replicated your issue with only tweet from text file radio button checked random

Opened twitterdub
Went to tweet tab
Selected the file containing tweets line by line (
:)
Lol
Funny
hola
hey)
Check tweet from file
Check random
hit Tweet

Result: Tweets posted randomly from those words. I did not use any ***.

Case: Image tweet with the same tweet file. Steps below -

Opened twitterdub
Went to image tweet tab
Selected the directory of images
Hit import button
Random pause 2-3 secs
Max upload 2 , fluctuate - 1
Selected the account
Hit post images

Result: Image uploaded with random tweet ( tweet text was same as i text tweet from file case ). No need of *** in this case too.

Case 3: Adding *** for each end of the tweet line in text file - TD filter out or not?

New tweets which are in text file -

:) ***
Lol ***
Funny ***
hola ***
hey ***

Let's perform the tests -

1.)

Opened TD
Went to Tweet tab
Selected the text file
random checked
Checked POst from file too
Interval same as above
hit Tweet

Result: Tweets posted with Tweetline **** ( didn't filter out )

2.)

Opened twitterdub
Went to image tweet tab
Selected the directory of images
Selected the tweet file ( *** added for each twwet line end )
Hit import button
Random pause 2-3 secs
Max upload 2 , fluctuate - 1
Selected the account
Hit post images

Result: Image uploaded with tweetline *** ( *** was not filtered out ) .

So, we don't need *** at the end if you are fetching tweet from a text file.

When tweeting directly from a file, the format is one tweet per line. The *** style of tweet separation is not required.

I will make sure the labels state this from the next build and clean up any files that do include the *** formatting
Not sure why it is not working - as Martin said, this *** should have cleaned up.

Yes. Yes. Tested. :)

Our tests said - without *** . :)

Please point me if i am missing anything again. :)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

And this is why I don't have time to test all details. Appreciated!

I'll take a proper look next time I write a new file. I don't think I ever use the "***" on the end of a tweet; only on a new fresh line with on that line only "***".

Let me know if you hear from Martin about the missing cleanup function? Excellent job here :)
support@rootjazz

:) . At last we are confident about the *** addition / removal.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

from memory: from file, is just one per line.
If the *** or <end> notation is valid, the control will say so (if it doesn't say it isn't valid) and IIRC shift+return should auto insert.

But after reading the thread, I don't see any questions for me, if there were some things unanswered, can I get them listed again please