Creating A Retweet Account

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Creating A Retweet Account

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:36 pm Quality control: if somebody tweets sheit, all I have to do is unfollow them to clean up my retweets :)

Remember I even asked you about Retweet from Followings Only. You said it could not be done ;p
I didn't said it "couldn't" be done. I might have said I won't do it, or that it will be difficult. The issue I believe was having to scrape your entire history of tweets to find those that retweeted account: x

infact IIRC, I think I said you can already do it with a few steps: scrape / action.

however, thinking about it on a clear headed sunny morning, if we just include "unretweet BOT retweets of account X", then we can use the internal database, *IF* the retweet stores:
a) the profile URL / ID
b) the tweet URL

as there is no need to scrape all tweets...
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:47 pm?
What I originally asked and your answers - to refresh your (our?) memory ;p
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I don't understand why you post the original conversation. I think there was a reason, just I know it :)

If there was a part you wanted to draw my attention to (did I promise something? change something? something else?) please highlight.

Anyway, you didn't respond to the suggestion of being able to unretweet bot retweets only easily.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:08 pm I don't understand why you post the original conversation. I think there was a reason, just I know it :)

If there was a part you wanted to draw my attention to (did I promise something? change something? something else?) please highlight.

Anyway, you didn't respond to the suggestion of being able to unretweet bot retweets only easily.
Reason: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5158&start=10#p31002

Please explain: "being able to unretweet bot retweets only"...?

:)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Actually I think everyone (well me at least) is getting confused and muddling multiple feature requests.

What exactly was it / is it you want to do?
Something with your followings and retweets. There was a definite reason why it was difficult and not recommended. but perhaps there are ways around it.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

:) like the screenshot showed...

I want to RT but ONLY from my followings.
1. RT on KW
2. RT on KW Sentence
3. use blacklist KWs
4. (probably already possible) 1 to 3 but not on all my followings, only on 1 account I specify
5. (bonus) like 1 to 3 but from a list of user accounts (#File:C:\important-retweet-accounts.txt)

We could just do a regular twitter search and then set an optional filter: Ignore if not my Following

I think that could be an easy way out, no? : )
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

"being able to unretweet bot retweets only"...?

I do had / have use for another feature I once approved of :)

Search all I retweeted for KW or KW Sentences (with blacklist) and UNRetweet it again.

For example:
I retweet something with Trump and GOP: TD Action detects that and unretweets that. And the follow up request will be: automatically unfollow that account again UNLESS profile BIO contains some KWs like "bitcoin, cryptocurrency, ..."

It's a weird feature but very powerful - it saves me so much time Xd
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:45 pm :) like the screenshot showed...

I want to RT but ONLY from my followings.
1. RT on KW
2. RT on KW Sentence
3. use blacklist KWs
4. (probably already possible) 1 to 3 but not on all my followings, only on 1 account I specify
5. (bonus) like 1 to 3 but from a list of user accounts (#File:C:\important-retweet-accounts.txt)

We could just do a regular twitter search and then set an optional filter: Ignore if not my Following

I think that could be an easy way out, no? : )
you can do this with a custom search:

FOLLOWINGS
USER FEED
+filter with kw

but as I have said all along, that could be ALOT of scraping, so proceed with that in mind