Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
faxnet

Re: Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Post by faxnet »

Hi Bitcoin,

Thanks for all your testing. I also did many tests and I actually gave up on finding the issue. Still, I am following this thread. Right Now I set up around 400 accounts in TD and I will use them all at once doing various things and many tests and I think I will see a pattern easily. With few accounts it is difficult because many factors are in play. I will post here if I find anything interesting.
One thing that is sure, twitter doesn't like when we post some kind of links. The strategy I am going to adopt now is to post also tweets without links and variate img, video, text, with and without hashtags, replies, dms, etc... so make the account as natural as possible. Only bots will only post (links or not) on twitter, a normal person will like sometimes, retweet, reply, dm etc...
bitcoin

Re: Anyone else noticing twitter impressions going to zero or just a fraction of what it should be?

Post by bitcoin »

Awesome - let us know!

Because this is happening since last night... There really shouldn't be a reason for it - I was sleeping (though I saw the decline already happening before going to bed at around 4). (It's now almost 12:00 afternoon).

I really don't have much tweets going on atm - at least I don't think so. All URLS are branded now and randomized - at the very least, they were all generated in the last 2 days (the links). And I have many scripted tweets and every promotion I run has plenty of tweets to begin with. I also randomize a bunch of pictures against them and that is *all* I have running in TD. I should take a look at FL too... I think that will be my CD testing :(

PS: Isn't it impressive how Twitter is able to exactly limit you to the amount of impressions they want? It's often within a 200 impressions margin that they can 'level' you to their max. If you don't change, the Twitter AI will put you one level lower until they lose their patience... And they flatout silence you completely.

Yeay twitter - as soon as I made my fortunes with it I"m never ever gonna look back to centralized institutions ;-(
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I've spent the last hour replying on tweet replies sent to me... I hardly did any manual retweeting, just old-fashioned manual typing...

Guess what? Twitter AI does not like that either... I might have mentioned Trump again - so I'll wait 2 days again with replying and then see what happens. Sigh. #AI #SUCKS

bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I think Twitter wants me to only use my bots... I went to bed at 2AM, after catching up on replies and a manual retweet of those replies here or there...

faxnet

Post by faxnet »

I am really not sure what is the pattern.
One of my account that is posting maybe 5/6 times a day where I connect often to reply to mentions and DMs (sometimes in TD) was getting around 30k to 40k impressions per day, and is now down to 3/4k per day without any reason. I don't follow and I don't even post links, just upload short videos with hashtags, sometimes I like tweets that are comments to my tweets. SO I have no idea why twitter decided to "punish" this account. THe funny thing is that the account is not ghostbanned completely but some of my tweets do not appear even when I search for "from:username" and choose latest so it seems like twitter is doing some selective ghostbanning at the tweet level (better than an account ghostban).
I am seeing this with many of my accounts.
Maybe this is happening because different tweets across accounts seems similar (almost duplicate or even duplicates) even though I vary hashtags etc...
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I spent some time on replying and retweeting stuff I saw and got rewarded again... Yeay Twitter!

Post update: I stopped retweeting / replying and see! My numbers went back up to the same level. I KNOW for a fact I can do much better than what I currently have so twitter is still limiting my exposure - but not as much. Weird weird weird.

(It's now 01:10AM)

Post Post Update after sleeping... It's 10:58 and 11:00 in the two pictures below...

I have another theory... It really could be the Trump tweets... I only seem to have to mention that asshole and twitter immediately punishes me. And yes, my personal tweets about Big Orange are all but nice and polite BUT yesterday I only (re)tweeted official news outlets... Nothing personal got said. I think :)

SO I definitely have to double test this... Am I punished for mentioning Trump or am I punished for manual retweeting and replying...?!!
Last edited by bitcoin on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

faxnet wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:20 pm I am really not sure what is the pattern.
<SNIP>
THe funny thing is that the account is not ghostbanned completely but some of my tweets do not appear even when I search for "from:username" and choose latest so it seems like twitter is doing some selective ghostbanning at the tweet level (better than an account ghostban).
I am seeing this with many of my accounts.
Maybe this is happening because different tweets across accounts seems similar (almost duplicate or even duplicates) even though I vary hashtags etc...
Oh that could be a possibility too... tweetghosting!

I noticed that I often only would be shown to ppl that were following me (therefore, proving to twitter they might like my stuff).
And yes, I do feel twitter makes a global database to compare 'trends' in 'spam' content.

Happy CD Testing my friend :(
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I also noticed that when my dip last night started (viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5134&p=31019#p31019), that not many ppl were replying to my tweets... Amount of replies is hard to grep, but it feels like I should have gotten more interaction... Just saying :/
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I so had it with twitter :(

Tell me how this is organic growth:

I don't think I mentioned Trump either... :/

Haven't changed a thing... Except for pausing my roundteam subscription (I'm following too many unrelated accounts and I don't have time to unfollow them all manually), but my stats were going up again even before that...

(still 20 minutes to go before the last bar is 2 hours complete)
Last edited by bitcoin on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
faxnet

Post by faxnet »

Yeah it looks like the twitter AI is smarter now. It is More difficult to get lot impressions. So far it is a little bit random because I have some accounts that are 100% automated, were temporarily affected but are back to normal, others were not affected at all and other are dead.
One thing is sure if you stop posting links and just post tweets without urls (could be image/videos,txt etc...) long enough the accounts are unghosted (you could also stop posting but I didn't test this a lot only with one account and it was back to normal but you don't reach anyone this way too). So now I am testing to find the right balance post with links and post without so that my accounts are not ghosted.
I tested again with an account that were unghosted, as soon as I posted a link (same domain than previously) it was banned, so maybe I just need to use another domain or url shortener for it to stay unghosted. I will obviously test that too.