Help with the "watch for new followers" tool

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
clrfl

Help with the "watch for new followers" tool

Post by clrfl »

Hi,

I would like to use the tool "watch for new followers" but I think I do something wrong. These are my settings.

The message:
Hi #USERNAME#,
Thanks for following! I really appreciate it. I'm looking for some honest feedback on my latest track. And leave a like, repost or comment if you like what you hear. Feel free to send me any mixe or song you have too especially if you would like the favor in return.
https://soundcloud.com/clrflmusic/clrfl ... iginal-mix
<br>
I wish you all the best! <br>
CLRFL

The check is every 6 hours and the pause at 300 sec.

The action will start in the processor. But it won't send any messages to my new followers. I hope you can help me out :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Help with the "watch for new followers" tool

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Be careful as you will be sending out pretty much the same email each time with the same link. It *might* be seen as spammy by SC.

As to why it isn't working, I need to see the logs

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)
clrfl

Post by clrfl »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:32 pm Be careful as you will be sending out pretty much the same email each time with the same link. It *might* be seen as spammy by SC.

As to why it isn't working, I need to see the logs

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)
Thank you for the quick respond. The logs ID is 78310.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Do not run the action too often, I noticed you had run it 5 times in less than a day.

The first time it runs, the program logs all current followers.

Then from then on, any new followers will be detected.

the program hasn't detected any new followers yet

Are you sure you have had new followers in teh time since running the first action?

Also, if you run it too often, you get cached results (meaning SC sends you the same results as your previous request to save DB calls on their end)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

so wait 24 hours and run it again. If can manually verify you have had new followers before running it. And if you have had new followers and they were not detected, submit logs again
clrfl

Post by clrfl »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:39 pm so wait 24 hours and run it again. If can manually verify you have had new followers before running it. And if you have had new followers and they were not detected, submit logs again
I retried it but it didn't send a message to the new followers. I received 17 new follower past 24 hours. I just submitted the new logs. Log ID is: 74207

Thank you in advance.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, I think I may have an idea what is going on. Are you repeating the action with a REPEAT AFTER X value, or recreating it a fresh from the tab each time?

I think you are recreating the action, which is assuming this is the first time you run the action. On action repeats, 2nd time+ will kick in the reactions you specified.

I will look at improving this so it doesn't matter whether is repeated action or recreated
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

next update will work better, I will let you know when it is ready

Regards,
Martin
clrfl

Post by clrfl »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:17 pm ok, I think I may have an idea what is going on. Are you repeating the action with a REPEAT AFTER X value, or recreating it a fresh from the tab each time?

I think you are recreating the action, which is assuming this is the first time you run the action. On action repeats, 2nd time+ will kick in the reactions you specified.

I will look at improving this so it doesn't matter whether is repeated action or recreated

I do it with a repeat after 24 hours the last time. Before that i did it with a repeat after 6 hours.

But I will wait for the update. Thank you for helping me. Major probs for your service and product. It helped me a lot with my marketing.