Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
faxnet

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by faxnet »

:D
Thank you :)

PS: I wanted to ask for the ability to reply to DMs from td and manage them like a real inbox before realizing yesterday that it was already there. so thank you again :)
faxnet

Post by faxnet »

Please forgive me for asking so much but I have another one :oops:

Related to the dm, can we have the same feature but for "replies" (mentions). In essence what I mean is the same as the DM module right now but for mentions. So we can scrape a user mentions and replies to them. I have too many accounts and I definitely won't reply to my mentions if I have to go on the web.

The api response includes for each tweet the original tweet id (in attribute in_reply_to_status_id) when getting a reply (mention), it would be nice to have the option to fetch it to have some context.

SO let's say (TD manages user_B)
1) user_A mentions user_B;
2) TD scrapes mentions of suer_B and user_B replies (in TD) to user_A; here scraping only includes the first tweet
3) user_A replies to user_B;
4) TD scrapes mentions of user_B and scrapes tweet 3) but also display (fetch) tweet 2) to get some context.

If the user get a lot of mentions, this could create a lot of secondary requests to get the "context tweet" (in_reply_to_status_id) if done one by one but if all "context tweets" are requested in only one get request, it will help not hitting the limits.

Twitter api method https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/t ... s_timeline

Thank you
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:00 pm The next update will include this. I shall let you know when it is ready.
FInally! ;p
faxnet

Post by faxnet »

Thank you Martin for the new feature.
  • Any word on the reply feature I posted above? Maybe you missed it.
Best
bitcoin

Custom Name Fields

Post by bitcoin »

Martin, since we now have a tab import / export, it would be very convenient if there was an entry field for 'custom name' in the tabs themselves. I'm mostly using Tweet Images now and once in a while I recreate those Actions and it takes a little detour after recreating them to give them the proper name once more...

I don't know if you feel there's space somewhere to implement this but it would be nice to have. Maybe if you make an option "always enable save with custom name" after pressing a Create Action Button, that would work great.

I make an Action, I get a now enter custom name field and create the action. Ppl who hate that, can disable the option again : )
bitcoin

Can we get goo.gl support?

Post by bitcoin »

It's a nice link shortener with even target preview functionality. I think it will also help my impressions problem (more to come about that later) if we can randomize the goo.gl URL every Action iteration again.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

you mean auto reply to DMs?

I think I mentioned by reservations on that feature.

As for allowing DMs from non-followers. IIRC isn't that default?
bitcoin

Re: Can we get goo.gl support?

Post by bitcoin »

bitcoin wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:21 pm It's a nice link shortener with even target preview functionality. I think it will also help my impressions problem (more to come about that later) if we can randomize the goo.gl URL every Action iteration again.
Already there! Watch YouTube Rootjazz video for Twitterdub: "adding randomness removing footprints from your tweets twitterdub tutorial 1"
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I finally got my (branded) bitly-rand working with a new account.

Which immediately inspired me to the following... Can we select which bitly account to use? This way I can use custom branded URLs for all coins I promote by simply creating a new bitly account and pointing a record towards bitly...

So we would have
((bitly)URL)
((bitly-rand)URL)
and ((bitly-rand-0001)URL) or maybe ((bitly-rand-FQDN(URL)

FQDN example would be: twitter.com or mynewcoin.br

I think how TD works now (with multiple bitly) accounts, is that it just chooses one?

Thanks!