Still problems with determining max size of a tweet with Tweet Images #file:C:\path\tweets.txt#

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Still problems with determining max size of a tweet with Tweet Images #file:C:\path\tweets.txt#

Post by martin@rootjazz »

as was only you having issues with long tweets when the exact same tweet would work for me, will revert back to non-encoded. And if on occasions some are refused, that will just have to be how it is on those occasions I guess.

The next update will change this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
bitcoin

Re: Still problems with determining max size of a tweet with Tweet Images #file:C:\path\tweets.txt#

Post by bitcoin »

I understood that you might have missed a +-1 counter somewhere. SO what do we do now? Because it's a pita.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

install the update, it definitely won't reduce the tweet by too much, but some may report too long on the odd occasion
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:01 am install the update, it definitely won't reduce the tweet by too much, but some may report too long on the odd occasion
Ok... Thank you I guess ; )

I can write tweets but when I use special characters, I should expect a penalty fee in amount of characters?
What's the highest penalty a character can get? I can leave that amount of characters free when determining the max length of a dynamic tweet.

Also, I now will miss a tweet once in a while but it won't get tweeted 'corrupted' / cut short. Correct?

Enjoy your Monday.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I still hope to get some answers here... Also see PM.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:48 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:01 am install the update, it definitely won't reduce the tweet by too much, but some may report too long on the odd occasion
Ok... Thank you I guess ; )

I can write tweets but when I use special characters, I should expect a penalty fee in amount of characters?
Not all the time, it seems some although technically are more than a single char, are treated by Twitter as asingle char. However, I was of the thought that some are not.

Seemed like always using encoded was making more problems than it solved.

i.e.

you were failing 1/100 before
But the fix caused you to not fail that 1/100 but now fail 5/100 different tweets

so that isn't really a fix

What's the highest penalty a character can get?
I don't know exacts

Also, I now will miss a tweet once in a while but it won't get tweeted 'corrupted' / cut short. Correct?
yes, when you detect one was ignored / rejected by twitter, send it over and we can review and try to figure out why. Then with a process of elimination we can improve the detection
Enjoy your Monday.
I will enjoy Monday when it becomes Tuesday lol
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Hmmm... the dynamic tweeting will probably the only feature of TD I'll be using in the long run.

So I'll cooperate here and try to keep an eye out.

If you already have a table of values for certain characters, do post them here. I'll add new characters and we can go from there.

PS: also another question for the randomness... Images are being randomized great through each iteration of an Action. It feels like the tweet texts themselves don't often change - only within a dynamic tweet there seems to be randomization. But it's always that fixed dynamic tweet with all its variations that gets randomized against all my pictures. Could we make twitterdub so that also all the tweet texts are truly randomized? Not only within 1 single dynamic tweet entry, but a randomization in each iteration for ALL tweets in the tweet file...

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:43 pm
PS: also another question for the randomness... Images are being randomized great through each iteration of an Action. It feels like the tweet texts themselves don't often change - only within a dynamic tweet there seems to be randomization. But it's always that fixed dynamic tweet with all its variations that gets randomized against all my pictures. Could we make twitterdub so that also all the tweet texts are truly randomized? Not only within 1 single dynamic tweet entry, but a randomization in each iteration for ALL tweets in the tweet file...

What do you mean? Are you referring to repeating an action and duplicating the posting of images? And these duplicate images have the same text?

If so, yes they will as the text is assigned to the image in the images control list when you create the action. I hadn't expected people to want to duplicate the image....

If I am wrong in what you want / is happening please explain.

IF you are wanting dynamic assigning of text to images when the image stats to run (not during action creation) that should be possible with a text file simply enough. Just confirm that is what you mean and can add something
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Indeed.

I want with each iteration of the Post Images Action to;
1. randomize the picture
2. randomize from all tweets in the tweet file
3. do dynamic stuff within the tweet randomized in 2.
4. merge 1 & 3 and do 5.
5. make a unique tweet so during the day I have *all* tweets tweeted, not just 1 dynamic tweet with a few variations.

Last edited by bitcoin on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.