What does it mean to block an account?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
faxnet

What does it mean to block an account?

Post by faxnet »

Hi Martin,

I blocked an account by double clicking on it and blocking it "until" a date but the account is still performing actions (posting images) in a shared action.
Is that normal? I thought blocking the account would not execute any of it actions until the date "until" is passed.
What is the use of blocking an account "until..."

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: What does it mean to block an account?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

err, where did you block it?

Blocks tend to happen on actions, so a block could be for "follow" or "postimage" or "like".

Maybe the control shouldn't be there and should only display if the account has a block, but shouldn't allow YOU to set it? Let me know where it is and I will double check for you
faxnet

Post by faxnet »

Hi Martin,

The option is in "show optional advanced" when you double click on an account. Please see the screenshot.
If this is not the actual behavior maybe it could be added. What do you think?
SOmetimes twitter will ghostban an account and by blocking the account like that, we won't need to modify our shared actions, We could just block the account for like 2 days and shared actions that contains the ghostbanned account will continue happening. When it is the turn of the blocked account, processing will just ignore it and continue. Same for individual actions. If not we need to manually modify all actions that are performed by the account.

Best
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, I see it. That feature was intended for shared actions, when you have many accounts in an action and you want to block some but not stop the action.

I will add support for blocking to normal actions as well now for next update
faxnet

Post by faxnet »

Thanks Martin, you are the best! :)
faxnet

Post by faxnet »

Hi Martin,

For existing actions in the processor, individual actions are still processed even if the account is blocked.
For new actions, I it is working, the action complete without doing anything and in the log we can see that the account is blocked until "date".
For shared action (newly created), the block is ignored and the action is executed so I think it is not working?

Do you think you could add the possibility to block many accounts at once? multi select and then right click, "block until"? instead of doing many accounts individually.

Thanks
faxnet

Post by faxnet »

Hi Martin, for existing actions it is actually not a big deal because I realize that for a repeating action, the current "waiting action" won't take the block into account but the new ones that will be created after will not run for blocked accounts
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sure can add bulk right click function. processing actions won't be effected as you found out, just when the action starts
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The next update will add this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin