Follow Favorite, Filtering and Retweeters?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
socialcircle

Follow Favorite, Filtering and Retweeters?

Post by socialcircle »

Hi all,
How would I go about Scraping/ and then following those users that liked a particular tweet. I have the url/ and the exact text for the tweet, that users are liking. For example (If Users A likes Tweet-> We can then follow all the users that liked Tweet A. so If I can follow all of the people that liked the tweet/ same with those who retweeted the tweet I would be golden. I think it has to do with custom searching but I'm still trying to figure out how everything works.

Another question I had was about filtering

If I set the filter to Active in 0 days will it in fact filter it to people who were active within a 24 hour window or with zero being the default number just include everyone? A zero day filter would be awesome!

Again I apologies for the noob questions, i'm sure, I'm overlooking it and it's right under my nose, I just can't figure it out.

My Last question is how to use multiple search terms in the search term box. as when I put one twitter name it works. however when I put a comma Ie nba,mlb I get an error saying unable to find user. But what I really want is to be able to follow the followers of from both accounts. It works when I just enter one term though.

Thank you for the support
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Follow Favorite, Filtering and Retweeters?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

socialcircle wrote:Hi all,
How would I go about Scraping/ and then following those users that liked a particular tweet. I have the url/ and the exact text for the tweet, that users are liking. For example (If Users A likes Tweet-> We can then follow all the users that liked Tweet A. so If I can follow all of the people that liked the tweet/ same with those who retweeted the tweet I would be golden. I think it has to do with custom searching but I'm still trying to figure out how everything works.
Look at CUSTOM SEARCH.
You can scrape the tweet likers. Please note, you cannot scrape ALL likers, as twitter doesn't give this information, only a selection (how many I don't recall)

If I set the filter to Active in 0 days will it in fact filter it to people who were active within a 24 hour window or with zero being the default number just include everyone? A zero day filter would be awesome!
0 means do not use this filter.

I don't understand how a filter would work with a value of 0, as it will either include or ignore everyone depending on the filter!
My Last question is how to use multiple search terms in the search term box. as when I put one twitter name it works. however when I put a comma Ie nba,mlb I get an error saying unable to find user. But what I really want is to be able to follow the followers of from both accounts. It works when I just enter one term though.

Couple of ways - depending on what you want to do
1) create multiple actions quickly
Use a text file:
enter your search terms one per line
enter the text file path to the box,
select from search dropdown FROM LIST
create action

you will now have 1 action per line in your file

2) MERGE SEARCH
input search formart
[search1,search2,search3]

the program will run the 3 searches, merge the results, shuffle results, then process results
socialcircle

Post by socialcircle »

Look at CUSTOM SEARCH.
You can scrape the tweet likers. Please note, you cannot scrape ALL likers, as twitter doesn't give this information, only a selection (how many I don't recall)
I'm still getting an error. I know this is just my lack of experience with the program. Lets say I wanted to follow/Scrape the accounts that favorited this tweet-
https://twitter.com/MLB/status/903351048882061313 I entered the url in the search term file path box, and then on the custom search section under the options tab input "Tweet Interactions" under the selections tab I inputed "Tweets Liked By User" I get a failed result As it says it can't find the profile. So I know theres something I'm doing wrong what should I do in order to gather the data that will follow those that liked the tweet.

0 means do not use this filter.

I don't understand how a filter would work with a value of 0, as it will either include or ignore everyone depending on the filter!
I think I understand the filter now. A tweet within 24 hours would be a filter of 1. I was thinking 0 was for tweets in 24 hours, I was mistaken.

Couple of ways - depending on what you want to do
1) create multiple actions quickly
Use a text file:
enter your search terms one per line
enter the text file path to the box,
select from search dropdown FROM LIST
create action

you will now have 1 action per line in your file

2) MERGE SEARCH
input search formart
[search1,search2,search3]

the program will run the 3 searches, merge the results, shuffle results, then process results

Thanks a lot for the help on this section. This worked flawlessly.

So now I'm only having that remaining issue. Again i'm sorry for the trouble. I've watched the video on custom search and tried to apply it but it hasn't panned out well.

Thank you again for the support Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

What remaining issue? Sorry must have missed it, just reread the OP and still don't see what I didn't answer
socialcircle

Post by socialcircle »

Lets say I wanted to follow/Scrape the accounts that favorited this tweet-
https://twitter.com/MLB/status/903351048882061313 I entered the url in the search term file path box, and then on the custom search section under the options tab input "Tweet Interactions" under the selections tab I inputed "Tweets Liked By User" I get a failed result, as it says it can't find the profile. So I know theres something I'm doing wrong what should I do in order to gather the data that will follow those that liked the tweet. I know its something to do with the custom search but it seems like i'm inputing the options in the wrong order.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

SCRAPE TAB
scrape tweets:

input: tweet URL

TWEET INTERACTIONS
TWEETSLIKEDBYUSER

maxresults: 100

works fine for me.

Can you repeat the above, and if doesn't work submit logs