stream/watch/action NOT saving any settings!!!

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
odysseus11

stream/watch/action NOT saving any settings!!!

Post by odysseus11 »

on the add keywords screen, I can add keywords and save/update the actions, but the user filter/add tweet buttons DO NOT SAVE my data once I hit save and exit the screen. I have tried it multiple times, I create the process after saving the tweet comment(s) (have tried it with 1 comment AND multiple) and then when I go to the processor and watch in real time, I see the kw matches come in and once the delay period expires the reply should occur but instead all that shows in the processor log is :

* ERROR: Could not load response to data: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input

So I go back to the watch stream tab, open the keywords list, and the keyword is still in the list, but the user/filter data PLEASE HELP VERY FRUSTRATING!!! & tweet are NO LONGER THERE :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: stream/watch/action NOT saving any settings!!!

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Tweets are loading in correctly for me. Do you have the auto update box checked? If not, after modifying a keyword actions you must click "update".

As for user filter - it doesn't actually do anything. Seems there is no code to handle filtering. I guess the control was added then the actual code wasn't added.

For now, I will remove the box and add a note to add filter support for watch kw action.

ok, I have found a bug, if you add a keyword and set ADD TWEET, then click SAVE, the addtweet is not saved UNLESS YOU CLICK UPDATE. However, if you click ADD TWEET, then select a DIFFERENT keyword in the list on the left, this triggers autoupdate to save and it will work (as it did for my test).

I have fixed this for the next update

Regards,
Martin

ps this is also your other stream issue I think, re no commenting / tweet information found
odysseus11

Post by odysseus11 »

I tried this (clicking UPDATE after SAVE), and it STILL didnt save my tweets (when I left the screen and came back again or tried to run the process it thought there were no saved tweets) but I will try to redo and test again.

that user filter functionality would be cool too when u get to it.

thank you.

and BTW anyone using this "watch stream" functionality with action "reply", be careful I have had my app restricted/nuked by twitter 3 times now when the reply was only triggered a few times in one hour ( I think last time it sent 5 replies in an hour and then got restricted), which I wouldnt think is heavy usage that would trigger anything, but be careful.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

odysseus11 wrote:I tried this (clicking UPDATE after SAVE), and it STILL didnt save my tweets (when I left the screen and came back again or tried to run the process it thought there were no saved tweets) but I will try to redo and test again.
Did you update? Is working for me
what version are you using:
HELP > ABOUT
and BTW anyone using this "watch stream" functionality with action "reply", be careful I have had my app restricted/nuked by twitter 3 times now when the reply was only triggered a few times in one hour ( I think last time it sent 5 replies in an hour and then got restricted), which I wouldnt think is heavy usage that would trigger anything, but be careful.
that doesn't sound right, were you replying the same message? same link? Another footprint?