Devastating Global Processed Logs Bug

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
TidesoFire

Devastating Global Processed Logs Bug

Post by TidesoFire »

Sorry to bug you again, but... :twisted:

My global processed logs will not work. I have tried everything to get them to work (including messing up my unfollow ability D:). All my accounts keep getting banned because they keep following the same people, and people are reporting the accounts spam. I keep very high quality accounts that are important to me, but I have lost thousands of followers due to this bug. Here is my method:

1. I use the "add global processed logs" to add logs to my accounts. I view global logs to make sure they are added.
Image https://ibb.co/mROMpv
2. I have a drum&bass account. I want it to follow people at 9am who have posted a drum&bass song in the last day, so I do this:
Image https://ibb.co/mQK0hF
3. I have a dubstep account. I want it to follow people at 9am who have posted a dubstep song in the last day, so I do this:
Image https://ibb.co/iwDhwa
4. I check to see if my drum&bass and dubstep accounts have followed the same people. To my alarm, they have followed many of the same people despite having global processed logs.

5. Some goofball on Soundcloud has tagged their song as both "drum&bass" and "dubstep". For some reason I can't comprehend, both of my accounts follow this goofball and, upon seeing my similar accounts which have both followed him, he reports one account as spam and sends me an angry message on the other account.

How do I prevent these accounts from following the same people? Why aren't the global processed logs working?

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the awesome support you/ya'll provide. :D
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Devastating Global Processed Logs Bug

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Can you submit your logs

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

------------------------------

There is a potential race condition that can occur which will cause you to follow the same people.

acc:1 dnb
acc2: dubstep

They both run actions to scrape new tracks with their respective tags
They both run their action at THE SAME TIME
action1: acc1
action2: acc2

so both actions scrape on their keyword.

Bot find the track "dnb-dubstep-rinseout" (for example). At the point of time of scraping, neither acc has processed this track, so THEY BOTH SCRAPE IT and add it to the list for processing.

The checks to see if the track has been processed (or artist of track) happens at the scrape stage. If it passes it is added to the processed list.

Then both accounts follow the same user....

This "could" explain your issue. I guess ANOTHER test is probably needed just before actioning on the item (follow the profile) to double check the item has not been processed before. This will 99% of the time be a waste and slow things down (abit) but should avoid this condition
TidesoFire

Post by TidesoFire »

This makes a lot of sense and I don't feel as crazy now. :? How should I go about enacting "ANOTHER test"? I follow about 2000 people a day across my accounts, so I run into this issue nearly daily.

Thank you so soooo much again for your time. :mrgreen:

Here is my logs ID: logs_37804

The last action I did produced the error. (I had 2 accounts follow "dancehall" track uploaders at the same time. Of course I could use "Share Follows" to prevent this, but I can't use "Share Follows Across Accounts" when I have one account search "d&b" and the other account search "dubstep"). Here are the action IDs:

ID: 8617a821-af98-4f18-b1ea-5d30195f5a1c
ID: 7a262489-9637-4e76-aed1-8d6d1d8b13be
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Either run with a single thread to ensure the race issue doesn't occur
or wait for me to add the duplicated check before processing
TidesoFire

Post by TidesoFire »

Ok. Thank you!!!!! btw, the same thing happens with liking tracks too. I'll be very grateful when/if that feature comes out, I look forward to it!!!

thanks a ton. :mrgreen: I mean seriously, what developer actually does software updates when you inquire about something? :D You're the best. I'll stop bugging you now lol
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

follows
comments
dms

will perform a check if the item has been processed before:
a) during search
b) just before it actually processes the item.

Please note, this does mean you may NOT hit your action limits.

the program will scrape 10 profiles which it detects have NOT been processed and send these to be followed
the program attempts to follow, but not detects that 4 have actually now been followed. That means you only have 6 valid items to process. So you will process 6 items not the maxitems value of 10.

There is no way around this, as that is how the program works: scrape+filter > process. It would require a full rewrite to

Code: Select all

(scrape 1 item > filter item > process item ) repeat)
I am in the processing of trying to rebuild / rewrite all programs from scratch with all the information I have gained over the last 5 years in how people do things / want things to work and all those little "gotchas" have faced along the way. But is a slow process as can only do it in my spare time and the current programs take up 95% of the working day... but perhaps later in the year there may be something new (probably with it's own bugs and idiosyncrasies lol

The next update will include this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
TidesoFire

Post by TidesoFire »

thanks, it is workinggg!!! :D
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Thanks for confirming