Typical profile detail scrape return rate?

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
remiremiremiremi

Typical profile detail scrape return rate?

Post by remiremiremiremi »

Hi all,

I've been scraping soundcloud followers then scraping the profile details from there. The profile detail scrape typically returns about 3% of the profiles from the follower scrape - is that normal? It means that between the follower scrape and the profile detail scrape, I can only return between 3 and 4 thousand profile details after 6 hours of scraping (120,000 profiles).

I'd love to hear what a normal return rate is so I know that I'm not doing anything wrong, or if I can change anything to get better results!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Typical profile detail scrape return rate?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I Am not sure I understand.

1) you scrape the followers to a file
2) you use the file from (1) to scrape profile details from?

If so, then you should have the same number of profile details as you do results from (1)

Or did you mean you are performing a scrape with email details scrape as well? If so, then yes you will only get a fraction as most accounts DO NOT include an email in the bio, you will only scrape users with an email in the bio

IF you want all results details, then do a specific profile details scrape action
remiremiremiremi

Post by remiremiremiremi »

Hi martin,

Thanks for the reply - yes, I was referring to an email scrape for the second step that would also include profile details.

I guess I was just surprised that so few accounts have an attached email.

thanks again!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

It can depend.

Search for record labels and you probably get lots of emails

Search for other keywords and probably get less