Couple of questions

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
doing2030

Couple of questions

Post by doing2030 »

Hello,

Martin - first off great program! Really detailed.

I've got a couple of questions

1) If I'm doing a "follow" action and I add all sorts of filters as to the type of user I want to follow (e.g. 10+ Followers, Active within 3 days, language = french) I notice in the processor that there is lots of activity going on, possibly through the API.

>>>Does all this activity highlight a potential suspicious / spammy account? I could use an alternative tool to do some of this and just place the users to follow into a list however would prefer not to (I know you don't know the twitter rules but whats your "gut feeling" on this?)

2) I would like to follow users who have tweeted mentioning a certain users but also who tweeted a photo

e.g.someone might be at a football match and tweet a photo of the game such as "@wayne_rooney you are rubbish"

>>Is this possible?

Anyway thanks again for making a great product.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Couple of questions

Post by martin@rootjazz »

1) If I'm doing a "follow" action and I add all sorts of filters as to the type of user I want to follow (e.g. 10+ Followers, Active within 3 days, language = french) I notice in the processor that there is lots of activity going on, possibly through the API.
It all goes through the API

>>>Does all this activity highlight a potential suspicious / spammy account? I could use an alternative tool to do some of this and just place the users to follow into a list however would prefer not to (I know you don't know the twitter rules but whats your "gut feeling" on this?)
Not if you are just checking data, spammy would be posting the same tweet repeatedly. Sending the same DM to many users, sending many DMs to containing links to the same site (or perhaps any site)

Being too aggressive with follow / likes / retweets (too much too fast)

Just scraping and filtering is just checking data - it is called "reads". If twitter blocks your API use for whatever it will be a block on POSTS (where you tell twitter something "follow this user" "like this tweet", they rarely shut off your "read" ability (give me info about this user, give me the results of this search etc)

2) I would like to follow users who have tweeted mentioning a certain users but also who tweeted a photo

e.g.someone might be at a football match and tweet a photo of the game such as "@wayne_rooney you are rubbish"

>>Is this possible?

Anyway thanks again for making a great product.
errr I am not sure tbh, does the filter allow you to filter by media, I think it does (but it might not)

As for searching by mentions, again I don't think it will work 100%, you could search by "wayne_rooney", but I don't think that will gurantee it will be "@wayne_rooney"