SCM works so slow!

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: SCM works so slow!

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I imagine there is some bottleneck in the handling of the data. The Instagram bot (instadub) had a similar issue recently, a couple of users (not all strangely) had actions taking 10+ hours to complete. That was fixed and now takes a few minutes.

I imagine there is something similar happening to you. But without seeing the logs and finding the point that is taking so long, there isn't much I can do.

So if can clear the logs and run the follow action with your main account it should be straight forward to find the point that is taking a long time
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote:I imagine there is some bottleneck in the handling of the data. The Instagram bot (instadub) had a similar issue recently, a couple of users (not all strangely) had actions taking 10+ hours to complete. That was fixed and now takes a few minutes.

I imagine there is something similar happening to you. But without seeing the logs and finding the point that is taking so long, there isn't much I can do.

So if can clear the logs and run the follow action with your main account it should be straight forward to find the point that is taking a long time
Okay, I cleared old logs, I ran following for almost 1 hour until my system crashed and I had to kill the process. LOGS: 15159

It slower my computer down. It eat whole memory (gradually use more and more memory, til it uses around 90%, then rapidly go back to 200 000K; gradually grows and then again rapidly gown. And again, and again, again...). http://zapisz.net/images/269_processes.png?__no=1

AND SCM starts much, much longer than it used to. Like 50 times longer. Even if it doesn't perform any action it eats my memory and slower my computer the hell down. To the point I can't even browse the internet lol. (sorry for that complaining tone, I just want to tell you as much details as I could, not complaining at all).
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

So there doesn't appear to be any bottlenecks, your logs show work consistently is performed (i.e. there is no extensive pause whilst the CPU is crunching numbers)

However, there does seem to be an issue with your db processed file

Please find this file:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Soundcloud Manager\database\DbLoggedActionData\9e006e09-6e3c-4637-9cdb-050b60708995_follow.bin

zip it up and email it to me

and these
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Soundcloud Manager\database\DbLoggedActionData\d22be9ba-4170-4ed8-a257-7bb2857314a2_follow_3.bin
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Soundcloud Manager\database\DbLoggedActionData\d22be9ba-4170-4ed8-a257-7bb2857314a2_follow_2.bin
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote:So there doesn't appear to be any bottlenecks, your logs show work consistently is performed (i.e. there is no extensive pause whilst the CPU is crunching numbers)

However, there does seem to be an issue with your db processed file

Please find this file:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Soundcloud Manager\database\DbLoggedActionData\9e006e09-6e3c-4637-9cdb-050b60708995_follow.bin

zip it up and email it to me

and these
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Soundcloud Manager\database\DbLoggedActionData\d22be9ba-4170-4ed8-a257-7bb2857314a2_follow_3.bin
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Soundcloud Manager\database\DbLoggedActionData\d22be9ba-4170-4ed8-a257-7bb2857314a2_follow_2.bin
okay I just sent it to support@rootjazz.com from email, please look to spam folder because people recieve my e-mails as spam lol (that isnt even my 3rd email tho)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

got it thanks (it was in spam - probably to do with teh fact you use a custom domain - same happens when I send mails from @rootjazz.com)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Very strange, the file that causes your machine to run out of ram, loaded in <1 second for me with no issue.

The file itself isn't very large either, so should cause you to run out of ram anyway

I will have to investigate further and get back to you
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

how much ram your machine have?

how many other programs you have running?

If many other programs running: what is total ram used roughly?
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote:how much ram your machine have?

how many other programs you have running?

If many other programs running: what is total ram used roughly?
I have 4 GB ram (its 32 bit so 3,25 in use). When I turn my browser down (almost only system processess working then), my computer uses around 20% of memory.
Well even if I run only SCM it eats whole memory. I don't think my hardware is the case. Something must have messed up with the program or my system, I dont know.. Like I said, SCM used to work quick, performed very well. It just changed over night.

Maybe reinstall would help? If so, please tell me which exact files to copy so I won't perform the same follows etc.
And if I have my logs cleared, do 'merge actions' would take effect?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

That sounds ok.

The file you sent me is definitely the one causing your machine to out of memory, was just checking if your machine was underpowered (say 1gb) then with other things running, there just isn't enough RAM. But that doesn't sound like it.

ok, as the file was fine for me, can you zip up your entire database folder

%appdata%\rootjazz\tumbling jazz\database

and email it to me somehow. Perhaps something else is going on which is the real cause and just that file is the final piece of the puzzle that causes the issue, but not the base cause

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com