Follow Once - How to make it work?

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
clz

Follow Once - How to make it work?

Post by clz »

Hi, I have 10 accounts, and I want all 10 to follow unique people. Meaning, that if account #1 follow a user, the rest of the accounts should not follow that particular user.

So when I start my following task, I make sure the "follow once" button is highlighted, but when I run the bot, it's actually following a few of the same users. I did a test run with only 2 accounts, and both accounts ended up following a few of the same users.

Is there something additional I'm suppose to do to make sure the follow once button is implemented?

Thanks!!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Follow Once - How to make it work?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

if you want multiple accounts to not follow the same users there are various options

1) SHARED ACTIONS

a shared action will ensure the accounts only follow unique items across all accounts

2) MERHE DB PROCESS LOGS
select / check accounts on the tab, then right click > MERGE this will merge all previously processed items ensuring that the accounts do not action same items. But you will need to do this every so often to keep them merged

3) create GLOBAL PROCESSED LOGS
again, check / select accounts then right click > GLOBAL PROCESSED LOGS
this will assign those accounts to use a global log, this is a permanent joining of the accounts, meaning that when ever they action on an item it is logged in the global log. Then before they process any item, they check to make sure this item is not already in the global log, already processed by an other account using this particular global log
clz

Post by clz »

Thank you for replying. I understand the instructions.

I plan on having 50 accounts, but not making all 50 accounts follow users at the same time. I will space it out through the day. For example 25 account will follow in the morning, and then the other 25 will follow in the afternoon. What option do you recommend that I do, to make sure all 50 accounts never follow the same users?

Thanks!
4321b

Post by 4321b »

martin@rootjazz wrote: 3) create GLOBAL PROCESSED LOGS
this will assign those accounts to use a global log, this is a permanent joining of the accounts, meaning that when ever they action on an item it is logged in the global log. Then before they process any item, they check to make sure this item is not already in the global log, already processed by an other account using this particular global log
What happens when we delete an a/c, does that a/c log gets removed from global logs?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

4321b wrote:
martin@rootjazz wrote: 3) create GLOBAL PROCESSED LOGS
What happens when we delete an a/c, does that a/c log gets removed from global logs?
No. Global logs will remain, they are stored separately to the accounts - in fact have nothing to do with accounts. Just the accounts can access them
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

clz wrote:Thank you for replying. I understand the instructions.

I plan on having 50 accounts, but not making all 50 accounts follow users at the same time. I will space it out through the day. For example 25 account will follow in the morning, and then the other 25 will follow in the afternoon. What option do you recommend that I do, to make sure all 50 accounts never follow the same users?

Thanks!

check this thead for not following other accounts follows. As for morning afternoon, that is up to you to schedule
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3287