Liking/following users that have engaged with my account

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
horsemilk

Liking/following users that have engaged with my account

Post by horsemilk »

Hello there, I'm wondering if there is a way to engage with users that have engaged one of my accounts.

Eg. if a user likes or reblogs a post from my account, I'd like the software to like some of their recent posts or follow their account. Is there a way to configure this?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Liking/following users that have engaged with my account

Post by martin@rootjazz »

goto SCRAPE TAB

scrape your posts to a file
scrape notes, enter the file from above.

the program will then scrape all notes from your posts (or whatever posts are listed in the file you pass in)
horsemilk

Post by horsemilk »

Thanks for the reply Martin, but could you provide a slightly more detailed guide to what you're suggesting?

Also, for a future feature it would be great to be able to set the software to like posts/follow blogs based on notes of a particular blog (eg. my own). This would be simpler and provide more up-to-date results.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

horsemilk wrote:Thanks for the reply Martin, but could you provide a slightly more detailed guide to what you're suggesting?

Also, for a future feature it would be great to be able to set the software to like posts/follow blogs based on notes of a particular blog (eg. my own). This would be simpler and provide more up-to-date results.
you can do what you want, but you have to do it manually over a few steps

goto the scrape tab
find the function to scrape posts from a blog: enter your blog
the above will save to a text file in HELP > SAVED
find the file path and enter it in to the function to scrape POST FROM NOTES

Search wise, what you are asking if the ability to specify custom searches, which you can do already. Click custom search adn build up your search

SEARCH posts
then
search notes

the results of teh first search feed into the second search
horsemilk

Post by horsemilk »

Thanks again for your reply Martin, but I'm still not having any success.

When I try your first method, I go to the scrape tab, and in the box labelled 'Scrape Posts: Term or Filepath' I enter the name of my blog. Search type 'Posts Recent'. It turns up 4 results, none of which are posts from my blog, or examples of other blogs rebogging my posts. Rather they are blogs from other posts that mention my blog.

If I could achieve what I'm trying using the custom search feature that would be superior.

In order to like posts of users engaging my blog, I go to the like tab, enter the name of my blog, go to 'Custom Search' and go to 'Recent posts of', then 'Scrape notes of Post', then 'Recent Posts Of'. This process fails, with an error 'FAILED: Status: 403'

In order to follow users engaging my blog, I go to the follow tab, enter the name of my blog, go to 'Custom Search' and go to 'Latest posts of', then 'Scrape notes of Post'. This process fails, with an error 'DROP OUT: Bad HTTP status returned: 0'
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

horsemilk wrote:Thanks again for your reply Martin, but I'm still not having any success.

When I try your first method, I go to the scrape tab, and in the box labelled 'Scrape Posts: Term or Filepath' I enter the name of my blog. Search type 'Posts Recent'. It turns up 4 results, none of which are posts from my blog, or examples of other blogs rebogging my posts. Rather they are blogs from other posts that mention my blog.
That's because you are doing it wrong :)

You are doing a SEARCH POSTS

NOT a SCRAPE ALL POSTS FROM BLOG (bottom right)

If I could achieve what I'm trying using the custom search feature that would be superior.
I haven't got round to making a tumjazz custom search tutorial yet (maybe next week) but you can watch the Soundcloud Manager video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvXRe0M ... 8Ok47r_keF

it works the same, set a search, it's results feed into the next stage etc. Should be enough to help you get it working with TumJazz, if not wait (hassle me) for the tumjazz video tutorial

In order to like posts of users engaging my blog, I go to the like tab, enter the name of my blog, go to 'Custom Search' and go to 'Recent posts of', then 'Scrape notes of Post', then 'Recent Posts Of'.
so you are scraping recent posts of your blog,
then scraping the notes of those posts
then scraping the recent posts of the users who liked / reblogged your posts

Is that correct?
This process fails, with an error 'FAILED: Status: 403'
Without seeing your logs, I cannot help you. Please include (always include)

In order to follow users engaging my blog, I go to the follow tab, enter the name of my blog, go to 'Custom Search' and go to 'Latest posts of', then 'Scrape notes of Post'. This process fails, with an error 'DROP OUT: Bad HTTP status returned: 0'
Latest posts of , should be LATEST POST OF (no s) it will return the latest post ONLY

Again, I need logs.

action logs
app logs
etc

Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. It just helps me understand your issue without having to investigate just to figure out what the issue thus giving more time to solve the issue and carry on improving the programs.

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Regards,
Martin