How to share unfollowing action between a few accounts?

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
Pavel

How to share unfollowing action between a few accounts?

Post by Pavel »

Could u explain the principle of how unfollowing works and how can i share unfollowing actions between many accounts? For example I want 20 accounts to unfollow 10 followers hourly, how can I do it?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: How to share unfollowing action between a few accounts?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Goto Unfollow tab

multi select accounts
Set MAX NUMBER TO UNFOLLOW =10
Set REPEAT EVERY HOUR=1
Click UNFOLLOW button
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

so there is no share between account action, here is another logic right? I mean u choose actions for each account and then just choose number of accounts to perform this action and all these accounts will do the same action one by one. Right?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Unfollowing doesn't lend itself to sharing between accounts.

The idea behind unfollowing is to reduce the numbers followed for each account so you can follow more (2000 being the SC limit).

So if you have 100 accounts on 1500 follows, you might want to reduce them all by 500.

I don't see why (or even how) to apply this to a "share across accounts" option. But feel free to explain what you are trying to do, maybe I just haven't thought of it
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

Look, you advised me:
Goto Unfollow tab

multi select accounts
Set REPEAT EVERY HOUR=1
Click UNFOLLOW button

If I select 20 accounts does that mean what each of them will unfollow 10 people?

If so, It is ok, but I just didn't got the principle yet.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Look, you advised me:
Goto Unfollow tab

multi select accounts
Set REPEAT EVERY HOUR=1
Click UNFOLLOW button

If I select 20 accounts does that mean what each of them will unfollow 10 people?

If so, It is ok, but I just didn't got the principle yet.
Yes, unfollow actions are separate. So you will create by the above, 3 separate actions, where each account unfollows 10 users on a 1 hour cycle.
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

The disadvantage of this separate action is the need to make big pause between them, cause this actions are made by same account and sound cloud don't like unfollowing, so I would prefer to have a possibility of creation one multi account action for all accounts to unfollow same number of users. Cause other way separate actions can take too much time!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Just set a pause. Is simpler and gives you more control and is working with no extra coding.

If you are relying on other users to slow down your unfollowing, you have no idea how long these actions will action delay same account unfollows, then you have the threading issue.

Select 10 accounts, specify 4 threads, working out what the delay will be is impossible.

Just set a random pause. Is easier, works better, is more understandable
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

I have 100 accounts, so 4 thread advise doesn't work)) and all other processes are delayed when unfollowing process start. That is what I am talking about)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Ah, ok, I better understand what you are saying when you say you have a 100 accounts.

I have marked this down for further investigation, but not promising anything. As you can just let the processes run in the back ground. But will see about a usecase where can specify multiple unfollow actions into a single process.

Maintaining that many accounts, might be an idea to consider running a VPS server. A VPS server is basically just a machine you rent that is always online (like a webserver). That way it can just process whatever needs doing and doesn't use your local / main machine at home.