Trouble updating accounts / credentials

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
arcan210

Trouble updating accounts / credentials

Post by arcan210 »

Hi Martin
So I have an issue (hah, im full of issues). I created some account in the software using the automatic name generation. Some of the names came out funny, so I have been going through them and updating them. I use a browser plugin so I can use the same private proxy that I use on the account in the software. While in the account in the browser, I make the changes to the username and permalink, and they save fine. The accounts seem fine.

But then in SC manager, I open the account and input the new username and permalink but the account will not validate. If I only change the permalink, it will work but it does not seem to want/need to validate that. But if I change the username, it just fails over and over.

Here's what I have tried:
:!: I thought It might have to do with spaces or capital letters, so I removed and tested, same issue.
:!: Thought it may be too many failed attempts in a certain period, waited 2 days to try again.. same issue.
:!: Thought maybe my proxy was overused.. waited a few days and tried with no proxy.. same deal
:!: Thought there maybe was an issue with the email address/password so I changed both and retried.. same deal

To complicate matters, I have an account that I have had from pre-automation days. I decided to try adding this account to SC Manager as a manual add, but it will not validate the credentials. All of the accounts in question (4 in total that I have been testing with) are seemingly fine on the web. I can log into each without a captcha requirement or anything. They dont seem to be restricted from any functions (like, comment, follow, post, etc). I'm out of ideas, so i'm here ;)

Any thoughts? Let me know in a private message if you would want to test with some of the accounts I've been using and I will provide credentials.

Thanks man
arcan210

Re: Trouble updating accounts / credentials

Post by arcan210 »

It is also worth noting that actions on the accounts work (follow/unfollow, etc..) on the accounts even though the username is incorrect in the software. The system is able to log into the account to do actions, but seemingly not to validate the username.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Some of the names came out funny,
How so? I can have a look at the random name generator
But then in SC manager, I open the account and input the new username and permalink but the account will not validate. If I only change the permalink, it will work but it does not seem to want/need to validate that. But if I change the username, it just fails over and over.
I will look into this and get back to you shortly with any findings.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I just logged into an account in soundcloud, changed my permalink and username.

Upon updating in soundcloud manager, the program validated the account successfully.

I was asked for a captcha, but then I was logging in from my home IP where I log into many accounts.

Please can you check the CREATION PROXY of this account and verify that is working. As the validation process will use the assigned account proxy for logging in.
arcan210

Post by arcan210 »

Hey.
I have tried it without a proxy and have tried swapping proxies with a known good one. Funny thing is the accounts in question will still log in via the software to comment and like but will not update the username. I've sent you an email with screenshots of one of the accounts so you can test. Didnt wanna post here because there is a password involved. let me know if you need logs or anything.

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Issue fixed.

The problem is Soundcloud.com sometimes does not let you log in with a Username and will only accept the email address. No idea why, as sometimes they let you with a username login.

The verification screen was alway using the username.

Code been updating to make sure that the verification screen uses the EMAIL address if present for logging in.