Verifying Proxies verify accounts

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Verifying Proxies verify accounts

Post by martin@rootjazz »

How do i verify if a proxy is working for an account?

because when i put the proxy in the accounts details pop up, the app will just except the proxy even if it's wrong, but when i misspell a password the app will not except the password.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Verifying Proxies verify accounts

If you change the actual username / password, the app will attempt a login to verify.

If you change the proxy, it won't.

IF you want to verify the account, go to the ACCOUNTS tab and you should have the option to do a PROFILE check or a LOGIN check. The profile check will attempt to pull the user url with the proxy the login check will try and login with the proxy.

If you do not want to use the proxy, there should be a check box above the proxy control OVERRIDE ACCOUNT PROXY. This will cause the proxies in teh proxy control to be used. If there are none, then it won't use a proxy.
chillie

Post by chillie »

So i if i want to verify the proxy i should use the Profile check rather than the Login check, correct?

What if i use Login check but have an incorrect Proxy, will it then login without a proxy?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

If you try to do any check with a proxy that fails, then the action reports a fail.

For example

profile check with proxy. If proxy bad, the check fails
login check with proxy. If proxy bad check fails.

If you think the account is good, then you can perform a PROFILE check without proxy (check the OVERRIDE ACCOUNT PROXY option). This will return true if is a good account.

You *could* do the same with a login check, but this would mean you would log in with your LOCAL IP which may not be what you want to do. A profile check just pulls the profile page, which no way will tie the account to your local ip.
chillie

Post by chillie »

Yes that answered my question, thanks!

Last question...

Should i put the format LOGIN:PAsSWORD? because when i bought the private proxies they only gave them to me in format IP:PORT
I didn't see LOGIN:PASSWORD
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

IP:PORT

or

IP:PORT:USERNAME:PASSWORD

Either is fine.