Possible to use VPN with SCM?

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
PrismaPhonic

Possible to use VPN with SCM?

Post by PrismaPhonic »

Hi,

I am subscribed to a really nice VPN service that let's me use VPN's from all over the world and in my experience are much better than proxies. It's based on me logging into each VPN with my username and password. Would there be a way to setup the VPN to work with SCM? such that rather than each account having a preferred proxy, it could have a preferred VPN address, along with my VPN username and password so it can login?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Possible to use VPN with SCM?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

SCM will use the VPN if present, but it is up to you to change / reset the VPN if required
PrismaPhonic

Post by PrismaPhonic »

Thank you for the quick reply. So If I wanted to create an army of accounts, I would likely need to purchase some good proxies that aren't blocked by soundcloud, as there's no way to set up each account to use a separate VPN server?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

that isn't how a VPN works.

The program is not really made to work with a VPN, the issue is ensuring that no two accounts run at the same time, ensuring VPN is on and working and has changed when requested.

When I looked into adding VPN support, it just wasn't the worth the hassle. The VPN would drop, it wouldn't update, it would lag, it would crash.

If you tried to run two threads, then those accounts are using the same VPN IP, then both could request reset

and everything gets a mess.

So if you want to use a VPN, the changing of it / monitoring is up to you and to make sure you only run one action at a time

otherwise use proxies