Accounts being banned

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
johnj

Accounts being banned

Post by johnj »

Hello,

Just curious if anyone has any advice to prevent accounts from being removed. I created 500 accounts and they all got deleted within 1 day. Some accounts had full profile info and some didn't. All of the accounts had avatars. Most of the accounts were following people and had organic followers.

Could this be a proxy issue?

thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Accounts being banned

Post by martin@rootjazz »

How did you create accounts?

With a single gmail address and a single IP?

If so, there should be a note on the ACCOUNTS tab saying you shouldn't do this. Maybe I should make it stand out more.

It is no longer possible to create 100s of accounts with a single gmail account, about 10 should be ok, but no more.

The best way to mass create accounts is to use a catchall email account, if you own a domain with cpanel this is easy todo
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+ ... hall+email

Otherwise, it is one imported email account per soundcloud account.

Am not sure on the cost of purchasing bulk hotmail accounts, but I think you can get 100s for a few dollars, maybe other users can suggest where they buy from or offer their services (As a few users sell accounts)
johnj

Post by johnj »

admin wrote:How did you create accounts?

With a single gmail address and a single IP?

If so, there should be a note on the ACCOUNTS tab saying you shouldn't do this. Maybe I should make it stand out more.

It is no longer possible to create 100s of accounts with a single gmail account, about 10 should be ok, but no more.

The best way to mass create accounts is to use a catchall email account, if you own a domain with cpanel this is easy todo
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+ ... hall+email

Otherwise, it is one imported email account per soundcloud account.

Am not sure on the cost of purchasing bulk hotmail accounts, but I think you can get 100s for a few dollars, maybe other users can suggest where they buy from or offer their services (As a few users sell accounts)
Haha yea they were all created with one Gmail account and I did notice that little message at the top of window :? oops

I do have my own hosting with many domains and Cpanel so I will create a catchall address and give that a go.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Well you're not the first to not see / ignore the message. Maybe I should make the note stand out more?
Or perhaps limit the max num of accounts you can specify with a gmail account?

But then I get support on why cannot increase the num box.

If you have any input on this, would appreciate your thoughts. I have purposefully tried not to include limits as the program is supposed to let you do what you want, even if it might not be a good idea as you may have a use. i.e. Create 200 accounts quickly, then use then to send many PMS before getting banned. The ac turn over rate might be worth it to get a few 100/1000s of PMs / mails out
johnj

Post by johnj »

admin wrote:Well you're not the first to not see / ignore the message. Maybe I should make the note stand out more?
Or perhaps limit the max num of accounts you can specify with a gmail account?

But then I get support on why cannot increase the num box.

If you have any input on this, would appreciate your thoughts. I have purposefully tried not to include limits as the program is supposed to let you do what you want, even if it might not be a good idea as you may have a use. i.e. Create 200 accounts quickly, then use then to send many PMS before getting banned. The ac turn over rate might be worth it to get a few 100/1000s of PMs / mails out
For me personally, the mass PM's feature is not that important. I don't use the software to send PM's, just followers, favorites and comments. I am trying to create as many realistic looking accounts as possible without them being banned.

Regarding the Gmail limit. You could have it default to a maximum number accounts on one gmail, for example 10. Then have a check box next to it to disable the limit (with the warning message regarding accounts being banned if they turn off the limit.)

Do you know how many accounts is safe to create on a single catchall?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Not sure on a catchall, have never had one banned, or reported to me that a domain has been banned.

That doesn't mean limits will not appear in the future though.

I tried a 100 a day every day for a week a few weeks back and that was fine.

I think I create 200 in one go once and that was fine.

Sorry, have no more information that that :)