success but i dont see a post

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
kylesk

success but i dont see a post

Post by kylesk »

Maybe my settings are not right. I am trying to drip feed images in from a folder. I am lookin in the log from the processor. I can see that it did upload the image to 64.media.tumblr.com and i can hit the image.

It says success and has a link to the post and private, but when navigating to it there is no post.

Thankyou!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: success but i dont see a post

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Logs please:

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

But if tumjazz shows success and shows the post URL, that is what tumblr returned. If there is no image, then tumblr must have deleted it for some reason.

Is this a blog that may break tumblr TOS? (adult)
Are you posting the same image over and over again?
Can you post ANY images? try with a clean, never posted image and see if the same happens
kylesk

Post by kylesk »

It is grey area. No adult content and no links. I just tried using the browser and the same proxy\account\image and it posted fine.

Thankya
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

It's working:

10:17:44: Posted Image: https://<blog>.tumblr.com/private/<id>/tumblr_<code>
10:17:44: Posted Image: https://<blog>.tumblr.com/post/<id>/tumblr_<code>
The private link is working, the post link is not working. I guess private images don't appear on that structure (/post/) any more?
kylesk

Post by kylesk »

Is that something that tumblr changed? If i go to the root of that subdomain its not visible.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kylesk wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:16 pm Is that something that tumblr changed? If i go to the root of that subdomain its not visible.
You made the post private?
Or have setup tumblr queue posting? That will go to private I think first before live.

I imagine if you just post an image normal, straight to tumblr it will all appear as normal. But the reason it is not showing is because it is private. I assume you know why it is private as you set it that way?
kylesk

Post by kylesk »

Thats just it. I have not knowingly set anything to private. To post privately you gotta click the drop down box to select private. is there a setting in the bot that does this and i have it set?

Just reread. I do have queuing set. lemme try without it.
kylesk

Post by kylesk »

That be it! When i selected queue.. i thought i needed to because i didnt want it trying to post a thousand images at once, but that is set elsewhere.

Thanks a lot for the help : )
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kylesk wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:06 pm That be it! When i selected queue.. i thought i needed to because i didnt want it trying to post a thousand images at once, but that is set elsewhere.

Thanks a lot for the help : )
Ok, so this does cause some confusion.

Tumblr has it's own queue. So you can blast 100 images to tumblr, but tumblr will queue them and drip them out based on your tumblr settings.

This is NOT the same as queuing posts within Tumjazz, which can queue actions to post and pause within a post action.

If you are using a tumblr queue, the posts will be marked private before tumblr flips them to public

Regards,
Martin