Captcha Submission Appeared To Fail

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
tahoe012

Re: Captcha Submission Appeared To Fail

Post by tahoe012 »

I began the project again this morning usin gone available to register tumblr. You will see the events in the logs #28982

Tumblr won't go to the point of a captcha with an already used email address. Tumblr points out the bad email address right after entering email, password and user name and submitting. If the email and user are acceptable than you get the age and consent screen than the captcha. These logs show that we made it past the email and username to the captcha. Captcha was solved and the entire operation failed.

Now, just to let you know.. Before I ran this I checked by putting the tumblr in browser and it was inactive for sure. 5 minutes later after trying to registers with TJ and getting the FAIL - I refreshed browser and the Tumblr is Registered. So, Went to the logs and tried to login with the passwords and email from each "attempt" and none of them are accepted in order to login.

Tumblr in fact is allowing the registration to go thru but the report says it failed and you are not able to log in to the now active tumblr with the email and passwords from each attempt per the logs.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

{"redirect":false,"redirect_method":"GET","errors":["That's a good one, but it's taken."],"signup_success":false,"next_view":false,"usernames":["catxtoffeeblr","megacatxtoffeeworld","catxtoffeeblog","yourcatxtoffeeblr","catxtoffeeme"]}
All I can tell you is what tumblr returns, which is what you can read in the logs.

Try with a definitely unique username: tahoe01268435198

and set unverified so you don't have to worry about email. Does the error still occur? If not, then you just have to accept the errors tumblr give you. Otherwise you'll need to take it up with tumblr that when they tell you the email / username is bad you don't think it is.
tahoe012

Post by tahoe012 »

This is what I have confirmed. Even though this error message appears in the logs the Tumblr actually did get registered and I look for the 1st attempt in the log and the email and password works. But, since tumblr says it failed the software doesn't get to "confirm" the email address so I manually go into settings and enter another email address so I can confirm it.

"Captcha submission appeared to fail:
{"redirect":false,"redirect_method":"GET","errors":["This email address is already in use."],"signup_success":false,"next_view":false}"

Do you think the glitch is a change that Tumblr has made? This is more clearly what I mean.. before i updated to the newest version of TJ this registering accounts was working fine.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

tahoe012 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:21 am
Do you think the glitch is a change that Tumblr has made? This is more clearly what I mean.. before i updated to the newest version of TJ this registering accounts was working fine.
Tumblr have been messing around with things for a while making things work, well worse. As for the update, the CREATE ACCOUNTS module hasn't changed so not sure how that could be.

But I'll run some tests and see if I can find anything

Regards,
Martin
tahoe012

Post by tahoe012 »

I look forward to your test results.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Find a cookie issue (never got your email / username issue, so I can only assume those logs were correct.

Will post update shortly
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

https://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/updatetesting.html

Regards,
Martin
tahoe012

Post by tahoe012 »

Martin, Working perfectly. Thank you. Have no idea how you know how to fix all these things but lovin it.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

thanks for confirming

Regards,
Martin