Work Flow Question

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
tahoe012

Work Flow Question

Post by tahoe012 »

Martin,

Let's say I have 300 accounts on the screen and have all the processing tasks set up for likes, follows, etc.... First of all I'm probably going to put this on a VPS (Amazon, Google, etc...look for best prices). (I used Amazon free micro ec2 account and burned it up in about 2 days scraping with SB)

Anyway - it will allow uninterupted service for all the scheduled tasks over hundreds of accounts. Problem solved.

Here is the problem I do have. Let's say I add 10 accounts today. It's a bit of a task to go thru the list of 300 accounts to find the 10 I just added and enter the username, email and pw to a spreadsheet. I've exported the tumblrs but not sure how to open them to be read in a spreadsheet so each field is in a different column. Can you suggest how to open the export so it's readable in a spreadsheet?
lucas

Re: Work Flow Question

Post by lucas »

If you copy and past it to spreadsheet each value (email, usename, password, proxy) will be in separated spreadsheet column.

Just copy it for txt file and past to speadsheet.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

tahoe012 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:29 am Martin,

Let's say I have 300 accounts on the screen and have all the processing tasks set up for likes, follows, etc.... First of all I'm probably going to put this on a VPS (Amazon, Google, etc...look for best prices). (I used Amazon free micro ec2 account and burned it up in about 2 days scraping with SB)
Don't use Amazon, they are quite frankly shit. They heavily throttle the CPU if you start to use it, the programs are CPU intensive in bursts to save on ram. One user was taking an hour to do a process that took 20 seconds here because of this.

Here is the problem I do have. Let's say I add 10 accounts today. It's a bit of a task to go thru the list of 300 accounts to find the 10 I just added
Order by CREATED DATE, then export out to CSV, then load into EXCEL
and enter the username, email and pw to a spreadsheet. I've exported the tumblrs but not sure how to open them to be read in a spreadsheet so each field is in a different column. Can you suggest how to open the export so it's readable in a spreadsheet?
Just open it. Calc (from libre office will detect separation char, tab or comma, I have a feel excel does NOT, so on opening file you have to specify the separation char, which is comma IIRC

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lucas wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:10 pm If you copy and past it to spreadsheet each value (email, usename, password, proxy) will be in separated spreadsheet column.

Just copy it for txt file and past to speadsheet.
Really? I did not know that.

TIL

:)
tahoe012

Post by tahoe012 »

Thanks for all your help. Using LIbre worked.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

:)