Post An Article Feature

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
tahoe012

Post An Article Feature

Post by tahoe012 »

Martin,

Today I posted articles. Watched the Post Articles video and documentation.

At the moment the main questions I have is:

When double clicking on the account I want to send the article to - it gives an option to enter a proxy for that account.
I've tried both methods of entering a private proxy and both results show "no proxy" while the task is successfully processing.

Spintax: Assume I'm using spintax. This would indicate that each time this article is posted to use another variation of the article. Does this mean I can tell the software to post this same article twice to the same blog (spun ver 1 and spun ver 2) or is the idea to use that same article on several blogs and each blog it goes to it will use another spun version?

Even though the EGCONTENT file has instructions for structuring the content for syndication - you have said that articles will not syndicate only picture posts will syndicate so for the purpose of Article posting..no syndicating? The other reason I ask is because on the Post Article Screen in a link "view example file" and the EG Content file appears which has the syndication instructions so it's easy to assume those instructions apply to Article Posting.

On the middle of the Task Screen is list of articles that have been created to post. How to delete those articles when not needed anymore so the screen is clear for a new project?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Post An Article Feature

Post by martin@rootjazz »

tahoe012 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:39 am
When double clicking on the account I want to send the article to - it gives an option to enter a proxy for that account.
I've tried both methods of entering a private proxy and both results show "no proxy" while the task is successfully processing.
If action is already running it won't update mid action.
Start program,
set proxy
run action. It will use proxy IF ENTERED CORRECTLY

Spintax: Assume I'm using spintax. This would indicate that each time this article is posted to use another variation of the article. Does this mean I can tell the software to post this same article twice to the same blog (spun ver 1 and spun ver 2) or is the idea to use that same article on several blogs and each blog it goes to it will use another spun version?
That would depend is spinning happens on adding content, or when posting. I don't remember. You could always run a test and check :)
Even though the EGCONTENT file has instructions for structuring the content for syndication - you have said that articles will not syndicate only picture posts will syndicate so for the purpose of Article posting..no syndicating? The other reason I ask is because on the Post Article Screen in a link "view example file" and the EG Content file appears which has the syndication instructions so it's easy to assume those instructions apply to Article Posting.
Let me check
On the middle of the Task Screen is list of articles that have been created to post. How to delete those articles when not needed anymore so the screen is clear for a new project?
highlight row and press DELETE on keyboard
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Post An Article Feature

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Sorry I was wrong. Syndication IS supported for post article.

If it isn't working then your setup must be wrong. The next update will log more information regarding this to see what is going on. But if you want to run a test:

Please perform the following:

Open the program. Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. All actions must be waiting, then pause all (or delete)

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action:
Confirm syndicate info set for account
Post article text with syndication

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

Regards,
Martin