Copyright infringement and Post Deletion

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
incorporator

Copyright infringement and Post Deletion

Post by incorporator »

I've received a few copyright infringement emails from Tumblr. One account banned so far due to 3 posts which violated the TOS.
First of all would deleting the posts reduce likelihood of being terminated? The emails Tumblr has sent me have included my post url as the reason for receiving a violation strike. If the post was deleted I think the reblogs would still exist, but the original would not. This might reduce chances of getting a strike because the source does not exist.

I believe deleting old posts may help with this, but since right now the post deletion feature deletes newest first, I cannot post and remove content at the same time. If any of this sounds like it would reduce risk I would appreciate this feature.
support@rootjazz

Re: Copyright infringement and Post Deletion

Post by support@rootjazz »

incorporator wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:40 am I've received a few copyright infringement emails from Tumblr. One account banned so far due to 3 posts which violated the TOS.
First of all would deleting the posts reduce likelihood of being terminated? The emails Tumblr has sent me have included my post url as the reason for receiving a violation strike. If the post was deleted I think the reblogs would still exist, but the original would not. This might reduce chances of getting a strike because the source does not exist.

I believe deleting old posts may help with this, but since right now the post deletion feature deletes newest first, I cannot post and remove content at the same time. If any of this sounds like it would reduce risk I would appreciate this feature.
So, do you want post delete feature? It already has.
Ok. You said deletion feature deleted newest first. But, it actually deletes all. Do you want to delete few? Frist x or last y number of posts? OR anything else?

Can you please tell me more being more specific?

Looking forward to your reply

Regards
Support