TMBJ Setting question

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
Danny000

TMBJ Setting question

Post by Danny000 »

Hello

I am a new user, need some help.
I read through the doc and videos but cannot find the answer.

For example:

I have 50 Tumblr accounts running, and I want each account follow 80 users each day. How to set it up?

I know there are tutorials, but they only show how to operate/setup for ONE account. NOt really helpful. And too many options in TumblingJazz, very confusing.

thANKS
RGDS
support@rootjazz

Re: TMBJ Setting question

Post by support@rootjazz »

Danny000 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:35 am Hello

I am a new user, need some help.
I read through the doc and videos but cannot find the answer.

For example:

I have 50 Tumblr accounts running, and I want each account follow 80 users each day. How to set it up?

I know there are tutorials, but they only show how to operate/setup for ONE account. NOt really helpful. And too many options in TumblingJazz, very confusing.

thANKS
RGDS
Thanks for reaching out.

Well, there are so many options due to so many features.
You have not mentioned the follow process will be from file or custom search. You can create action from 1 account or 100 accounts. Very easy.
Here are the steps:

Goto TJ follow tab
Browse the text file if you want to follow from text file
Seelct the account or Accounts if you want to follow 80 users using 50 accs from same text file.
If you want to follow different people then select 1 account and select 1 text file having tumblr urls.

Here is the settings picture :

The documentation has all the feature explanation. Please go through that for better understanding.
Also read and reply accordingly,

Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. It helps me understand your issue without having to investigate just to figure out what the issue thus giving more time to solve the issue and carry on improving the programs.

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634
Danny000

Post by Danny000 »

Hello,

thanks for the reply.

What I need is, scrape notes through keyword and then follow them.

I followed your reply and set as screenshot (select 50 accounts):

but the result is not as expected:
Paused for: 41
Paused for: 40
Paused for: 39
Total: 53
Started: 15/01/2018 13:22 PM
Finished: 15/01/2018 13:23 PM
ID: d2fdb8ed-186d-46c5-a658-a358fbd03284
Action ran for: 0hr:1min:57s
It ran for 2 mins and then completed. And I don't think it will follow 80 users for one accounts, not mentioned to all selected accounts.

Some questions:
* Is the #Max Follow is the number for each account or it is total follows for all selected accounts?
* My goal is 80 follows per day per account (80 follows daily/account ), but I don't see anywhere the daily setting. Instead, the time period is set nothing.
* If 80 follows per day for 50 accounts, it's 4000 users to follow per day. Some popular post might have a lot notes, but only very few can be scraped. and through searching a keyword is very unlikely to get so many users.
* Custom search (Recent post of -- Scrape notes of) returns empty

Thanks
support@rootjazz

Hi,
Thanks for the detailed reply.
It ran for 2 mins and then completed. And I don't think it will follow 80 users for one accounts, not mentioned to all selected accounts.
The setting was wrong and so i think it didn't find enough people to follow. :)
* Is the #Max Follow is the number for each account or it is total follows for all selected accounts?
For each account. :)
My goal is 80 follows per day per account (80 follows daily/account ), but I don't see anywhere the daily setting. Instead, the time period is set nothing.
80 is fixed for each? well. Use global max 80 limit for follow in settings tab then.
* If 80 follows per day for 50 accounts, it's 4000 users to follow per day. Some popular post might have a lot notes, but only very few can be scraped. and through searching a keyword is very unlikely to get so many users.
Unless the posts will go hidden by tumblr tactics, all can be scraped. No worries.
Custom search (Recent post of -- Scrape notes of) returns empty
What did you put in blank field left side? Keyword or blog url?
Please post log.

GOTO HELP > LOG > DELETE ALL THE LOGS

RUN THE ACTION

GOTO HELP > LOG > SUBMIT

Do not run any other actions, just run the action and after it ends, submit the log, also note the log id
Post the log ID here.

What I need is, scrape notes through keyword and then follow them.
So, you want to find a post using keyword and follow those notes users?
Well, you need to use custom search.

Please follow the steps below to perform the action:

Open TJ follow tab
Goto TJ follow tab
Select all the accounts
Select the time parameters
Set repeat every 24 hour if you want it to run every day ( 24 hour = 1 day :) )
Click on custom search
Search recent posts - scrape notes
Save it
Hit folow

Abve settings should work.

FYI:

recent posts of is for blog "x"
search recent posts works on whole tumblr.com
Latest post of is for blog "x" blog
Following of blog " x" if visible
Scrape posts via hashtag ( search using hashtag and then scrape it's notes)
Scrape popular posts via keyword on tumblr.com ( whole site)

Best Regards
Danny000

Post by Danny000 »

Hi

I'd tried all the combination I can find, still not able to do what I want. The best result is about 40 follows for one account in one day, meanwhile there are many more accounts got ZERO follows.

If something was wrong, please tell me.

For each account. :)
Actually I found the action stop every run at about 80 scrapes if I set #Max Follow to 80.

To make more follows, i change the action to run every 1 hour instead of 24 hours, and set the #Max follow to THOUSANDS. but it is still far away from 80 follows per account per day.

Logs submitted:

There are maybe some log saying that not enough notes to follow, but if you run a search directly on Tumblr search bar, there will be thousands of notes for some popular post in the search result. but the TJ never got enough notes.

thanks
rgds
support@rootjazz

If something was wrong, please tell me.
Show your settings then. :)

I'd tried all the combination I can find, still not able to do what I want. The best result is about 40 follows for one account in one day, meanwhile there are many more accounts got ZERO follows.
Clearly, less results coming from tumblr. I am sure it is not TJ issue.
Actually I found the action stop every run at about 80 scrapes if I set #Max Follow to 80.
Why would you scrape 120 if you need 80 only?
To make more follows, i change the action to run every 1 hour instead of 24 hours, and set the #Max follow to THOUSANDS. but it is still far away from 80 follows per account per day.
Either you have set up wrong settings or the keywords returning less results.
Clearly, if

acc 1 searched for clothing and gets 80 blog to follow the it follows 80 in 1 day
acc2 .........................
so on........................
accs n.............................................. followed 80 blog in 1 day.

Where is the issue?
What do you think?
There are maybe some log saying that not enough notes to follow, but if you run a search directly on Tumblr search bar, there will be thousands of notes for some popular post in the search result. but the TJ never got enough notes.
Always said this. Thst si why you are not getting much results / blog to follow.
CUSTOM SEARCH is your friend. Learn to use it wisely and you will get huge amount of users oon your niche / topic.

FYI:

If you want to search x niche on tumblr and wish to get all the results - you will never get. Keep 2 - 5 days on that niche and you will see the difference. The more deep you go, the more data is is there fro you. :)

The log number has been submitted to martin. He will look inot his and get abck to you as soonas possible. Please be patient.

Regards
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

your screenshot shots RECENT NOTES.

Recent posts won't have lots of notes, because they will be recent.

If you have 50 accounts and want 80 per blog, you need 50x80 results per day: 4000

Are the accounts all the same niche? Are you wanting to run one search and have the results of that one search shared amongst all accounts? If so, use a SHARED ACTION

Otherwise you are going to have 1 action per account (which may / may not be ok for you).

Also, if you are running a SHARED ACTION you want to set the results TOTAL NUMBER for the action, so 4000, not 80, otherwise you scrape 80 results and share that amongst your 50 accounts, meaning 1 or 2 items per account.

So what I think the issue is, you need to look at the searches you are running. I am downloading your logs now to see if there is anything that can help understand the issue as well...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, so what seems to be happening is a protection is kicking in stopping the scrape. After scraping 40 posts in a row that had no results (no notes) the program stops the scrape.

The protection is intended to stop hitting tumblrs server if no results are returned, which could indicate a change in the results spec so the program can no longer scrape, or that tumbler has identified automation, so the program stops.

But what I think is the issue, that there is just no notes for lots of those recent posts.

Also, it seems a lot of the results you have already processed (perhaps running the same repeated search?)

I will just confirm the search notes does work and something hasn't changed from tumblr.

In the mean time, try and run more searches.

Rather than trying to get 4000 results from a single search, run 10 searches, so you can get 400 per search.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, please try this.

goto SCRAPE tab
select RECENT BLOG NOTES
max items: 4000

select an account
create / run the scrape action

I was able to scrape 4000 items.

Why you trying to run multiple scrapes (notes) at the same time or had recently? Remember for each notes scrape, a call has to be made for that posts notes, so it can soon add up, I am thinking perhaps tumblr started to return 0 results to you for too many searches / too quick. That would explain the difference between your and my searches

Also, if you setup the search as a CUSTOM SEARCH instead of using the dropdown, the program will remove already processed items during the search. IIRC I did remove the default search option a while back and tried to force everyone to use the custom search, but there was a bit of a revolt and I had to put it back. Seems like the feature to remove already processed items during the notes search was note added