Problem with videos

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
Deus

Problem with videos

Post by Deus »

Hi,

Does anyone have problems uploading NSFW videos? My videos got uploaded, but they are all with black and can't play the video. Is this a problem with Tumblr?
They also failed a lot...
support@rootjazz

Re: Problem with videos

Post by support@rootjazz »

Deus wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:27 pm Hi,

Does anyone have problems uploading NSFW videos? My videos got uploaded, but they are all with black and can't play the video. Is this a problem with Tumblr?
They also failed a lot...
Hey,
This is not about NSFW problem.But it is video quality, dimension and other problem.See, so many NSFW tumblr uploads video, Did they stopped posting videos? NO! :(

Perhaps, it will be better if you download 1 nsfw video from tumblr( which is playing in tumblr)
Study it, how long, fps, dimension,height , width
Make similar videos, upload. ( Hope this way your problem will be solved)

Regards,
Deus

Post by Deus »

Sometimes I can upload 10 videos in a row without any problem other days I can't upload any!
Well the videos that I'm uploading to my tumblr's are videos from tumblr, so If it works on others tumblr's it should work on my tumblr blogs also, right?
I'm just trying to understand why this happens.

Thanks
support@rootjazz

Deus wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:05 am Sometimes I can upload 10 videos in a row without any problem other days I can't upload any!
Well the videos that I'm uploading to my tumblr's are videos from tumblr, so If it works on others tumblr's it should work on my tumblr blogs also, right?
I'm just trying to understand why this happens.

Thanks
The best i knew tumblr limits 100 Mb video file data, you can uload as many as you want but in total = 100 MB
You need to find more about tumblr :)
Deus

Post by Deus »

Yes tumblr only allows 100mb videos. But they have 10 videos daily limits.
That's why I'm here ;) to see if anyone have the same problem I have. I'm only able to post pictures and a few videos but even those after a while got "banned" and don't play anymore...
snibi

Post by snibi »

Did you recieve an email from tumblr support?

I learned black videos are because of Content Policy Violation
Hello,

The video you posted on xxx xxxth, xxx xx:xx xx was removed for violating our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, which you can skim over at: https://www.tumblr.com/policy/community

Long policy short: We don't allow sexually explicit videos to be uploaded to Tumblr.

If you think there was a mistake (it happens), you can submit an appeal here.

You’ll need to provide the URL of the removed post:

http://xxx.tumblr.com/post/xxxxxxxxx/
After too many violations we'll have to terminate your account — and nobody wants that.

Tumblr Trust & Safety
Deus

Post by Deus »

snibi wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:51 pm Did you recieve an email from tumblr support?

Hello,

The video you posted on xxx xxxth, xxx xx:xx xx was removed for violating our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, which you can skim over at: https://www.tumblr.com/policy/community

Long policy short: We don't allow sexually explicit videos to be uploaded to Tumblr.

After too many violations we'll have to terminate your account — and nobody wants that.

Tumblr Trust & Safety
Hi,
I checked my emails and I got those emails also. But I don't understand, they don't allow adult content?
I can upload some videos and they are sexually explicit videos. And sometimes I upload the same video to different accounts and some work and others won't.

Thanks
support@rootjazz

Deus wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:48 am
snibi wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:51 pm Did you recieve an email from tumblr support?

Hello,

Tumblr Trust & Safety
Hi,
I checked my emails and I got those emails also. But I don't understand, they don't allow adult content?
I can upload some videos and they are sexually explicit videos. And sometimes I upload the same video to different accounts and some work and others won't.

Thanks

Seems new thing.New game of tumblr.Never had issues.Thanks for the information.Many people should know that.
If you can, change the video hash code, get any md5 hash changer of video file and change the hash and upload them.See, what happens.
Deus

Post by Deus »

Yeah Tumblr is getting strick :| I have change md5 hash of the video, and the video was successful upload and after a few minutes upload another one, and this one didn't work. Black screen... Heres what I notice after I upload the second the first video suddenly went black and I no longer can see it.
I tried with .webm and .mp4 and same problem.
Here's what I did: I converted a .webm to GIF and then send it to imgur to reduce the size after that I upload to Tumblr as a picture but now I have a problem the gif isn't animated it's static.
Any idea how to do this?

Thanks
support@rootjazz

Deus wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:02 pm Yeah Tumblr is getting strick :| I have change md5 hash of the video, and the video was successful upload and after a few minutes upload another one, and this one didn't work. Black screen... Heres what I notice after I upload the second the first video suddenly went black and I no longer can see it.
I tried with .webm and .mp4 and same problem.
Here's what I did: I converted a .webm to GIF and then send it to imgur to reduce the size after that I upload to Tumblr as a picture but now I have a problem the gif isn't animated it's static.
Any idea how to do this?

Thanks
Gif didn't work as gif was not gif is guess.A GIF should be played in tumblr.
Did you tried downloading the gif to local machine and upload it to tumblr? it think works.
Tumblr is doing changes, may be due to scrape- post thing.We don't have much information right now, if we have will let you know.