randomizing image uploads to queue

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
pauli

randomizing image uploads to queue

Post by pauli »

Hi,
I am posting images to the Tumblr queue. I am trying to load 300 images to the queue. I want to put in a Click Thru Url & then put that same URL in the description. I have 10 url I want to put in for the 300 images. When I upload the images I do not want it posting the same url 30 times in the row and doing the same for the next images and url. I want it to be random. ie. image with url 2 posted, image with url 9 posted etc.

The only way I can think to do this is to add the 300 url, assign the meta and then go through the 300 images individually and change the Click Thru URL & the Description URL. But this is very time consuming to do over multiple accounts

Is there a quicker way to do this?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: randomizing image uploads to queue

Post by martin@rootjazz »

spintax will do it.

the ASSIGN META form, if you use the #kw# token and enter the list of URLs into the keyword box.

It will be RANDOM and not sequential. So you could have two URLS in a row, just like you could roll a dice and roll 6 then another 6.

Another way would be to use a meta file, but you would need to generate the file matching images to description. But with some basic programming / text manipulation it is relatively simple

Or there is, like you say, the option to do it manually. If you want to be EXACT and specify exact description to images, this is the only way