Reblog from file of blogs

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
faxnet

Reblog from file of blogs

Post by faxnet »

Hello guys!

I searched and tried different combinations for hours without any success.

I have a big list of blog urls that I scraped using tumblingjazz. What I want to do is to use this list to reblog the latest post of those users without adding thousands of actions in the processor and no possibility to schedule effectively.
Right now this mode is working in the follow module, you can specify a file containing a list of blog url and then specify a repeat (for example every 12 hours) and then the bot will take a url from the list at the specified interval and follow the blog.

Unfortunately it is not working like that for reblog and likes or I don't know how to chain that. Ultimately what I want to do is to build custom actions: pick a blog url from the file and then like/reblog the latest post of this user/blog. Is that possible? if not, Martin could you please add this feature?

I took so much time to build this bot-free list that I will be really sad if I can't use it lol

Best
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Reblog from file of blogs

Post by martin@rootjazz »

put them in a file
specify the file in the REBLOG tab (NOT mass reblog).

The program will detect that it is a file of URLs (it must be all URLs) and assume you want to process these specified URLs instead of searching

There was an issue where if one line was NOT a url, then it would create multiple actions, one per line, but the latest version will detect if a few lines are not URLs and prompt you on what todo

https://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/updatetesting.html
faxnet

Post by faxnet »

I will try that but this is weird because I got all the links from scraping notes inside tumblingjazz so will be surprising that some lines are not urls.

Thanks
faxnet

Post by faxnet »

It is working with the same version (I didn't update).

My mistake was that I was chaining the actions using a custom search instead of just taking the default "Posts recent".

What is not possible here is to just take the latest post from each blog. This is what I wanted to do by using the chain actions with latest post.
With the current behavior, If I share the action between accounts, the bot will take the 20 most recent posts from each blog and reblog them all.

Is there a way to do that?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

All fixed. There is a possibility other functions have been updated, I have checked but couldn't find anything, but let me know and I will sort it out

https://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/download.html

https://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/updatetesting.html

Regards,
Martin