Account Logins failing over captcha

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
paujacks

Account Logins failing over captcha

Post by paujacks »

Hi Martin,

Since a couple of weeks back all of a sudden I have 2 accounts on tumblr failing to login on the bot because of captcha issues. Saying I need to purchase 2captcha from a Russian company. I can login manually just fine so why is the bot failing? I don't get asked for captchas when I login manually via the same proxy I have setup for the bot on these accounts and I dont really want to have to purchase an api key.

Any thoughts?

Paul
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Account Logins failing over captcha

Post by martin@rootjazz »

ah ok, I haven't seen a login where a captcha wasn't asked for.

When you log in manually, do you go through the tumblr system or the tumblr / yahoo system?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

also, if you have an account I can test here to see this failing I might be able to find out more.

export and email me the details:

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com

if you need to auth my IP to use the proxy, mention it in the email and I will sent it to you

Regards,
Martin
paujacks

Post by paujacks »

Thanks Martin for the prompt response.

When I login manually on the accounts, I use firefox with killcookies, also kill any LSO''s and foxyproxy. I use Bing and search for tumblr login and click the link to login manually and never see a captcha. Each account has its own proxy

I've got 5 promotional accounts I use in tumblr and 2 now fail login asking to me enable captcha in settings in the bot. the other 3 accounts still work fine.

Happy to send you screenshots and for you to try logging in on my account with the problem. I will need your IP address to whitelist. PM me or email me and I'll set you up and send you the credentials. If it really does need me to purchase captchas I will do it. Just find it wierd I never needed it before now and why it should need it only on 2 of the accounts

Cheers

Paul
paujacks

Post by paujacks »

Hi Marin,

Email sent with details - I will need the IP to whitelist but as Im in the UK i'll likely head to bed soon. Send me the IP and I'll whitelist it ready for you to look into it tomorrow.

Cheers

Paul
paujacks

Post by paujacks »

The fix to testing version worked. Many Thanks Martin - great and rapid response.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

:)