Posting Content Meta Sections

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
tahoe012

Posting Content Meta Sections

Post by tahoe012 »

Hi This part I don't understand

In the training video it seemed we could add a list of keywords to spin in title and content/body sections. If we added a keyword list than we would not need to use the <stub> section? Also, where would we create a "meta title and meta description"? You can see I'm a bit confused.

Does this "stub" section have a different function than the title and body content sections that I've already spun and added keywords to?

<stub>{dog|cat|mouse|ant|frog}-{dog|cat|mouse|ant|frog}-%kw%</stub> *** I don't understand the hyphen between kw1 thru 5 than it repeats kw 1-5.

The keywords element can be used for tokens in any other section, such as %kw% for a random keyword, %kw1% for kw1 etc
<keywords>kw1,kw2,kw3,kw4</keywords>
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Posting Content Meta Sections

Post by martin@rootjazz »

The <stub> is for you to optionally specify the stub URL that tumblr will use for the post.

When you post on tumblr.com you can set various meta

title
stub
keywords
etc etc

If you are using the meta sections, then just enter the stub in the stub text box. But if you are importing from text files, you can include the <stub>... format in the text file and this will be read, assigned to the stub section and removed from the text body

Similar to <keywords> it just allows the program to read it from a single file, rather than you entering it. Should you wish to. But unless you are pro grammatically generating your import files, you can just ignore this. They are advanced features for people who need it. If you don't know if you need it - you don't :)

Regards,
Martin