Excerpts from wordpress to tumblr

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
tahoe012

Excerpts from wordpress to tumblr

Post by tahoe012 »

Martin,

My RSS Feed is putting the entire article into the tumblr blogs / posts. Is there something I can do in settings to say cut the post to a portion (excerpt) of say 250 words...read more.... and they would click to find the entire article at the original source site?

The RSS Feed is going back many many posts and posting to the tumblr. Is there a way to say - only post the last 10 articles and every new article?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Excerpts from wordpress to tumblr

Post by martin@rootjazz »

tahoe012 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:47 am Martin,

My RSS Feed is putting the entire article into the tumblr blogs / posts. Is there something I can do in settings to say cut the post to a portion (excerpt) of say 250 words...read more.... and they would click to find the entire article at the original source site?
No, it will post the entire element as found.
The RSS Feed is going back many many posts and posting to the tumblr. Is there a way to say - only post the last 10 articles and every new article?
Again, no. If you specify to post 10 articles, it will post 10 articles. If it needs to page past the recent already posted articles to find it, it will. But usually RSS feed don't have more than 10-20 articles, so shouldn't be a problem after a couple of times, then should just post the new articles, as all other elements have been posted
tahoe012

Post by tahoe012 »

Thank you.

Under the Blog Description there are the out of the box theme links: Posts Likes Following Archive

What is the simplest method to change those at same time across a large batch of tumblrs.

For example maybe a 5th Option after Archive that is a Link To Another Website? Would this require uploading a custom theme and use TJ to upload the theme?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

tahoe012 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:05 am Thank you.

Under the Blog Description there are the out of the box theme links: Posts Likes Following Archive

What is the simplest method to change those at same time across a large batch of tumblrs.
I don't know. How do you do it on tumblr? Let me know how you do it on tumblr, then I can tell you if is possible in the app. I don't use tumblr so don't really know how to do anything in tumblr and just add features to the program as requested by you guys, tumblr users.

I have a feeling profile account links might show here?

For example maybe a 5th Option after Archive that is a Link To Another Website? Would this require uploading a custom theme and use TJ to upload the theme?
Would probably work