Tumblr traffic monetisation

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
MaxMontana

Tumblr traffic monetisation

Post by MaxMontana »

Hi All,

I recently joined the forum and have some questions.

The idea of getting 'free' traffic from tumblr brought my attention. I get the overall idea how the process works but I am not sure about the last part - the monetisation of tumblr traffic.
1. How do you convert visitor from your blog into money? I didn't see any recent talk about it on the forum and there are some changes on the platform - I mean ban of adult content. The niche is not important right now. I would like to know the process how you monetise you blogs. I have experience with cpa marketing, I used shortly paid traffic sources.

2. Do you use landing page or link directly with affiliate offer? How often do you post affiliate links?

Important for me is longevity of the blog because getting banned and creating again stuff it is not the best use of your time. I saw few topics on the forum that hundreds of accounts got banned.
3. What's the best practise to stay under the radar and keep your tumblr blog long time without getting banned?

4. I know you should use private proxy, preferably one IP/proxy per account? What proxy providers do you use?

The weak point in the process is that all the blogs might link to one landing page/offer, so you leave footprint and all of your blog network might get banned. Even if you have url shortener/redirect tumblr bots can go to the last redirect and find all accounts linked to that domain.

My plan is to build blogs which earn 1$ per day. Single email opt-in offers is good starting point as monetisation method, so I need just one conversion of 1$ SOI offer.
How much traffic do I need? With 1% conversion rate it's 100 clicks, so I think it is doable.
How much traffic your blogs get with 10k followers?

Many thanks
Pete
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Tumblr traffic monetisation

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I Cannot go over the whole area of traffic monetisation as it is a big topic and not something I am here to teach about. But the basics are.

traffic = profit

More traffic more profit. The theory is, that 1/100 of users will click an ad. Thus more traffic more profit. Obviously this is not always true as 10 clicks on a 2cent paying ad is not the same as 1 click on a 50cent paying ad, but you get the idea. Also depends on what you are doing, PPC, CPA etc. But all things remaining equal, more traffic more profic

1. How do you convert visitor from your blog into money? I didn't see any recent talk about it on the forum and there are some changes on the platform - I mean ban of adult content. The niche is not important right now. I would like to know the process how you monetise you blogs. I have experience with cpa marketing, I used shortly paid traffic sources.
find someone who will pay for your traffic. By that, ads that your traffic may be interested in. Whether it is pay per view, per click or action.

2. Do you use landing page or link directly with affiliate offer? How often do you post affiliate links?
you test it all and review the results, make changes and review the results and go with what works.

Important for me is longevity of the blog because getting banned and creating again stuff it is not the best use of your time. I saw few topics on the forum that hundreds of accounts got banned.
again depends. IF you can rank high and generate LOTS of traffic with underhand methods and make $1000 a day, but then get banned after a week.You just made $7000. Now set it all up again and do it again. That is abetter use of your time, then having a blog up for a year, making $1 a day.

so as always it depends..

3. What's the best practise to stay under the radar and keep your tumblr blog long time without getting banned?
don't break the TOS / rules :)

but generally:
go easy
go slow
go steady
don't spam
don't annoy
don't degrade the site experience for other users
avoid footprints
4. I know you should use private proxy, preferably one IP/proxy per account? What proxy providers do you use?
test and see what works. Some IPs from th same company are great, some are not.
The weak point in the process is that all the blogs might link to one landing page/offer, so you leave footprint and all of your blog network might get banned. Even if you have url shortener/redirect tumblr bots can go to the last redirect and find all accounts linked to that domain.
true, but you can hijack sites as redirects. For example, you can use a tumblr blog, change the theme so it just includes a javascript redirect. The tumblr spiders, probably don't process js, so don't get redirect.

But another way is to have a pool of domains as your redirects to avoid this

My plan is to build blogs which earn 1$ per day. Single email opt-in offers is good starting point as monetisation method, so I need just one conversion of 1$ SOI offer.
sounds like a plan. Do it. Test > review > improve > test > review > improve > ??? > profit :)
How much traffic do I need? With 1% conversion rate it's 100 clicks, so I think it is doable.
how long is a piece of string?

So many variables no one can tell you this. And if they do, it will be wrong. 10k engaging followers are worth more than 100k crappy followers who don't engage

MaxMontana wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:34 pm Hi All,

I recently joined the forum and have some questions.

The idea of getting 'free' traffic from tumblr brought my attention. I get the overall idea how the process works but I am not sure about the last part - the monetisation of tumblr traffic.

Many thanks
Pete
Markxxx

Post by Markxxx »

Surprised to see a thread like this.

My question regarding this subject would be:

How to get traffic from Tumblr?

Since Timblr is getting a lot more inactive after17th/Dec/2018.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Markxxx wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:26 am Surprised to see a thread like this.

My question regarding this subject would be:

How to get traffic from Tumblr?

Since Timblr is getting a lot more inactive after17th/Dec/2018.
Same as always, nothing really changed.
Target your audience: follow likes reblogs
Post regular quality content.

If there is less traffic on a site, then you will get less results, but I think tumblr traffic is very niche dependant. Some niches only exist really on tumblr, so tumblr is a great place to target them. Other niches are more represented on other networks, so you will find it a struggle
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

If you are just starting up ... then forget Tumblr. It's going downhill really rapidly. I would recommend you to focus on something else
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jrichards wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:41 pm If you are just starting up ... then forget Tumblr. It's going downhill really rapidly. I would recommend you to focus on something else

All depends. If you are talking adult, sure. But there are still lots of niches that exist entirely on tumblr and not other places