Twitterdub Video tutorials
support@rootjazz

Search and like twitterdub tutorial

Post by support@rootjazz »

GrossoPoto

Re: Search and like twitterdub tutorial

Post by GrossoPoto »

Hello !

So I'm new with the Twitterdub soft. It's fantastically powerful and perfectly suits my needs, but as with every complex soft it requires a learning curve...

I've watched the old tutos (the "updated" ones aren't audible) and tried figuring out how it works by myself, by doing tests, but now there are some things I didn't fully understand and need your help to do so...

Here's my objective.

I want to setup a Like campaign which will run every days, repeating itself.
The aim is that my account leave 50 Likes per days, in total.
These 50 Likes have to be left on different URLs (the "targets").
I'd like the soft to Like the most recent tweets of the Targets, and retweet them in the process.

To do so, I've set my campaign on the Like tab with the following settings : A .txt file with 5 URLs (my targets) in the Search Term parameter, ticked the Retweet box, set "Max Action" to 50, Num Thread to 1, Random Pause to 1-2, Time Period to 1 Day, and Custom Search to "A User Id or Url" > "RecentTweetsOf (10)".

---

Question 1 : I'd like my Like process to repeat itself every days. If I set the "Time Period" parameter on "1 Day", does that mean that the software will smoothen the process on a whole day (example : I set "max action" on 50, and on "Custom Search" set the "RecentTweetsOf" on 10), and then repeat itself ?

What I mean by "smoothen the process", is that the 50 likes will be done randomly during the day, from 0h01 to 23h59 (or during the "Working Hours", if set).

In case it wouldn't repeat itself, how to do so ?

----

Question 2 : I didn't really understand what the "Num Threads" meant here.
Let's say I want the soft to Like X number of tweets from 5 accounts. I provide a .txt file with 5 URL from 5 differents profile. And then set a Custom Search to Like the 10 latest tweets of the ID/URL.

At first I thought the Num Thread was the parameter which would determine how many URL would be processed at the same time.
For example, I have 5 URL to process, and set the Num Threads on 2. I thought the soft would do the Like process for the first 2 URL in the .txt file (at the same time), and then move on to the next 2, and so on until every URL are processed.

But it didn't work that way.
Actually I don't understand at all what it does. Can you please explain ?

I understand that the "Num thread" in the Processing tab is the number of processes which can work at the same time (for example, setting "Num Thread" on 3 will make it so that there will be 3 processes running at the same time at max), but I don't understand how it work in the Like tab.

----

Question 3 : I thought this "Random Pause" was self-explanatory at first, but after a few tests I ended up confused about it.

What I thought was that by setting, say, a random pause of 1 to 2 seconds, the soft would pause randomly from 1 to 2 seconds between every Like.

...But is it really how it works ? I've tried reading the logs, and it confused me. There are a lot of "Paused for:" lines in this file, and I'm not 100% sure that there is a pause of 1 to 2 seconds between the Likes.

So I searched a bit and noticed there was another Random Pause parameter in the Settings tab.

Are the two in conflict ? I tried setting the Random Pause from the Settings tab on 1 to 2, and the Random Pause from the Like tab on 3 to 4.

What I understood from all these parameters was that the Random Pause in the Settings tab was a global limit, and that the Random Pause from the Like tab couldn't be bigger than the one set in the Settings tab. The parameters in the Settings tab prevail, to sum it up.

Is that how it works ?

But that leads me to another question...

There are "Paused for:" lines which confuse me, since they can get higher than the 2 second limit I set in the Settings tab.
Here is a typical example of a pause higher than 2 seconds :

12:26:29: Results of search: 3 A User Id or Url with: E:\Users\GP\Desktop\kw tw.txt
12:26:29: (aksdhakj) tmpResults: 3
12:26:35: Paused for 6secs

Here is another :

12:28:06: eventpipeline: data: {"topic":"/system/subscriptions","payload":{"subscriptions":{"errors":[]}}}
12:28:06: Paused for: 3 seconds

The number of seconds for these pauses seems to be random.
So... Where the hell are these parameters set ?

----

Question 4 : Here, I've searched for a way to "randomize" the URLs picked by the soft during the Like process.

What I mean is that I have a .txt file with 5 URLs, these URLs being the profiles of 5 different Twitter accounts.

Currently, when I launch a Like process, the soft process every lines one by one, in the same order every times.

I'd like the soft to process these lines in a random order, but didn't find a way to do so.

I've tried spintaxing the URLs in the .txt file, but it didn't work.

Is there a way to randomize the order in which the soft process the lines ?

----

Question 5 : Here I have set a Custom Search with "A User Id or Url" > "RecentTweetsOf".
My goal is to Like the 10 latest tweets of all the 5 accounts I've provided in my .txt file.

While I perfectly understood what the Value parameter did on the "RecentTweetsOf" parameter (if I set it to 10, the soft Like the 10 latest tweets of the URLs)...
I failed to understand what it does with the "A User Id or Url" parameter.
Changing its Value seemingly does nothing...
What did I miss ?

----

Question 6 : I'm not sure how the "Randomise step results" work with "RecentTweetsOf".
Let's say I set the value of "RecentTweetsOf" to 5, and click on the "Randomise step results".
Does that means that the soft will Like the 1 to 5 latest tweets from the profiles ? Or a totally random number (even 99, let's say) ?

----

Question 7 : Let's say I want to schedule the Like process to run from 8AM to 10 AM, from 1PM to 3 PM, and from 5PM to 7PM.
Only during these time periods, not outside.
Is that possible ?

I mean, I know we can set a Working Hours parameter for the whole account, which is great. But can we do the same for a specific task (such as a Like process) ?

So that, while my account run from 7AM to 11PM thanks to the Working Hours global settings, my Like process would only run during a specific period of time inside the Working Hours.

----

Thanks for your time, it was a long post but I wanted to be crystal clear and give as much details as I could for you to understand what I meant.
However I know this probably will require more details, so don't hesitate to tell me what I didn't explain well enough, so that I could fix it !
GrossoPoto

Post by GrossoPoto »

GrossoPoto wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:22 pm Question 3 : I thought this "Random Pause" was self-explanatory at first, but after a few tests I ended up confused about it.

What I thought was that by setting, say, a random pause of 1 to 2 seconds, the soft would pause randomly from 1 to 2 seconds between every Like.

...But is it really how it works ? I've tried reading the logs, and it confused me. There are a lot of "Paused for:" lines in this file, and I'm not 100% sure that there is a pause of 1 to 2 seconds between the Likes.

So I searched a bit and noticed there was another Random Pause parameter in the Settings tab.

Are the two in conflict ? I tried setting the Random Pause from the Settings tab on 1 to 2, and the Random Pause from the Like tab on 3 to 4.

What I understood from all these parameters was that the Random Pause in the Settings tab was a global limit, and that the Random Pause from the Like tab couldn't be bigger than the one set in the Settings tab. The parameters in the Settings tab prevail, to sum it up.

Is that how it works ?

But that leads me to another question...

There are "Paused for:" lines which confuse me, since they can get higher than the 2 second limit I set in the Settings tab.

12:26:29: Results of search: 3 A User Id or Url with: E:\Users\GP\Desktop\kw tw.txt

Here is another :

12:28:06: eventpipeline: data: {"topic":"/system/subscriptions","payload":{"subscriptions":{"errors":[]}}}
12:28:06: Paused for: 3 seconds

The number of seconds for these pauses seems to be random.
So... Where the hell are these parameters set ?
I'd like to add another kind of "Pause" that I've noticed, which is the "Check for pause of adnl action:" one.

From what I understand, "adnl" stands for "additional", right ?

It happens if I ask the soft to Like the tweet before replying to it, for example. Is that it ?

But... How to set the value of the adnl pause ? By default it seems to be somewhere between 1 to 6 seconds. But there's no option to change that value, it seems.
GrossoPoto wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:22 pm Question 2 : I didn't really understand what the "Num Threads" meant here.
Let's say I want the soft to Like X number of tweets from 5 accounts. I provide a .txt file with 5 URL from 5 differents profile. And then set a Custom Search to Like the 10 latest tweets of the ID/URL.

At first I thought the Num Thread was the parameter which would determine how many URL would be processed at the same time.
For example, I have 5 URL to process, and set the Num Threads on 2. I thought the soft would do the Like process for the first 2 URL in the .txt file (at the same time), and then move on to the next 2, and so on until every URL are processed.

I understand that the "Num thread" in the Processing tab is the number of processes which can work at the same time (for example, setting "Num Thread" on 3 will make it so that there will be 3 processes running at the same time at max), but I don't understand how it work in the Like tab.
OK since that post I tried something else, by programming the same task (Search and Tweet Reply) on 2 different accounts and by setting the Num Thread on "2".
In parallel I set the Num Thread on the Processing tab on "1", to see which parameter have the priority over the other.

From the test, what I've understood is that, by setting the Num Thread parameter on "2", on the Search and Tweet Reply tab, both accounts are processing the task at the same time, even though I set the Num Thread limit on "1", in the Processing tab.

I thought that by setting the Num Thread on "1" in the Processing tab, it'd act like a global limit and overcome the initial limit of 2 that I set in the Search and Tweet Reply tab. But it didn't.

So now my question is different : What's the Num Thread parameter for, in the Processing tab ? Because it seems it doesn't serve a purpose if we have already set the Num Thread in our tasks.
If it doesn't act as a kind of global limit, what does it do ?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Firstly thanks for such a detailed question. I think this is the best I have ever received to clarity and supporting information :-)

I just wished I saw it earlier and not 21:00 at night. Just to let you know, you posted in the TUTORIALS board (which is why I didn't see it earlier). In future please use the TWITTER SUPPORT board and as I check that constantly throughout the working day:
https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=30

As I said, it's late, so I will blast through. If you are unsure of anything, please just ask for a clarification and I'll get back to you tomorrow
GrossoPoto wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:22 pm
---

Question 1 : I'd like my Like process to repeat itself every days. If I set the "Time Period" parameter on "1 Day", does that mean that the software will smoothen the process on a whole day (example : I set "max action" on 50, and on "Custom Search" set the "RecentTweetsOf" on 10), and then repeat itself ?

What I mean by "smoothen the process", is that the 50 likes will be done randomly during the day, from 0h01 to 23h59 (or during the "Working Hours", if set).

In case it wouldn't repeat itself, how to do so ?
TIME PERIOD will divide your MAX ACTIONS value over the time period. So if you specify to process 24 items, and specify timeperiod: 1 day, then the RANDOM PAUSE will be filled in for you to be 1 hour. That's all it does, does the calculation for the pause value.

You mention working hours, TIME PERIOD will not obey working hours, so for the above example, (24 items in 1 day, 1 an hour and your working hours are only 4 hours, it won't work, as the random pause is set to 1 hour,

----
Question 2 : I didn't really understand what the "Num Threads" meant here.
If you are using multiple accounts in a SHARED ACTION you can have them perform items concurrently. tbh the num threads box should NOT be showing as you do NOT have SHARE ACROSS ACCOUNTS checked. Minor bug.

But if you select 10 accounts, specify 10 max actions(items) and 10 threads, then the program will scrape 10 items to process, then the 10 accounts will process the 10 items, one each at the same time, one thread per account
correct :)

with one account, or with SHARED ACTION unchecked, it does nothing

Question 3 : I thought this "Random Pause" was self-explanatory at first, but after a few tests I ended up confused about it.

yes, that is exactly what it does (or should)
Over the years, it has become required for me to force some pauses. If things were done too quickly, you'd get blocks / things would fail. Doesn't make sense for me to give you the option to do things that I know will cause blocks.

That is the SEARCH PAUSE. So how long to pause AFTER a page of results is pulled.

The action tab pause, is the pause after the LIKE (or whatever action) has been performed
No, one is for search, one is for the action

Yes these are forced, you cannot change them

The pauses you can set are ON TOP of these
Here is another :

Question 4 : Here, I've searched for a way to "randomize" the URLs picked by the soft during the Like process.

What I mean is that I have a .txt file with 5 URLs, these URLs being the profiles of 5 different Twitter accounts.
CUSTOM SEARCH, id/url/file step should give the info, when you single click it, that this input can take a CSV

<filepath>,rand

So the file path is loaded, randomised, then processed

Question 5 : Here I have set a Custom Search with "A User Id or Url" > "RecentTweetsOf".
My goal is to Like the 10 latest tweets of all the 5 accounts I've provided in my .txt file.

While I perfectly understood what the Value parameter did on the "RecentTweetsOf" parameter (if I set it to 10, the soft Like the 10 latest tweets of the URLs)...
I failed to understand what it does with the "A User Id or Url" parameter.
Changing its Value seemingly does nothing...
What did I miss ?
Top of my head, if you specify a FILEPATH in ID/URL/FILE option, and set the results per step to (n) then (n) lines of the file should be used only. That's what is SHOULD do, whether it does or not, I'll have to check...

no, I've just checked, seems you've found a bug the NUM RESULTS PER STEP does NOT work on the FILE input. I'll get that fixed tomorrow

Question 6 : I'm not sure how the "Randomise step results" work with "RecentTweetsOf".
Let's say I set the value of "RecentTweetsOf" to 5, and click on the "Randomise step results".
Does that means that the soft will Like the 1 to 5 latest tweets from the profiles ? Or a totally random number (even 99, let's say) ?
The program will take the top 5 results it can process, then randomise.

Question 7 : Let's say I want to schedule the Like process to run from 8AM to 10 AM, from 1PM to 3 PM, and from 5PM to 7PM.
Only during these time periods, not outside.
Is that possible ?
Sort of. Set multiple working hours and the processor will NOT start an action within those times. Some actions WILL stop processing outside of those working hours, but not all. Not ideal and if it's a big issue for you, you can hassle me to update / fix it :-)
I mean, I know we can set a Working Hours parameter for the whole account, which is great. But can we do the same for a specific task (such as a Like process) ?
Yes actions can also have WORKING HOURS set for them, you need to right click the action to expose the option. NOTE, only do this when the action is NOT in a status: processing.

Thanks for your time, it was a long post
Yes it was !!! :lol:

but I wanted to be crystal clear and give as much details as I could for you to understand what I meant.
Joking aside, not a problem :-) Ask any questions you have. Again my apologies for not answering sooner, but I didn't see, had some critical issues to fix in another product so my focus was else where and didn't notice this post in the tutorials board

Regards,
Martin
GrossoPoto

Post by GrossoPoto »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:15 am Firstly thanks for such a detailed question. I think this is the best I have ever received to clarity and supporting information :-)

I just wished I saw it earlier and not 21:00 at night. Just to let you know, you posted in the TUTORIALS board (which is why I didn't see it earlier). In future please use the TWITTER SUPPORT board and as I check that constantly throughout the working day:
https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=30

As I said, it's late, so I will blast through. If you are unsure of anything, please just ask for a clarification and I'll get back to you tomorrow

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the kind response :)
I knew it'd be a long post so I tried my best to make it as clear as possible.

Sorry for not having posted the questions in the right place, I'll keep it in mind for the next time.

As for the response time, < 24h is very good to me so don't worry !

----
TIME PERIOD will divide your MAX ACTIONS value over the time period. So if you specify to process 24 items, and specify timeperiod: 1 day, then the RANDOM PAUSE will be filled in for you to be 1 hour. That's all it does, does the calculation for the pause value.

You mention working hours, TIME PERIOD will not obey working hours, so for the above example, (24 items in 1 day, 1 an hour and your working hours are only 4 hours, it won't work, as the random pause is set to 1 hour,
Answer 1 : OK now I get it.
To sum it up if I set my "Working Hours" on 7AM to 6PM, and in parallel set my Like max action to 24 + "Time Period" on 1 day, there will be a conflict between the two parameters.

What will happen in that case, to be 100% sure :
- The "Working Hours" have the priority over the "Time Period" setting ? In which case the Like process will be done every hours within the period of time comprised between 7AM to 6PM ?
- The "Time Period" have the priority over the "Working Hours" setting ? In which case the Like process will be done every hours, for 24 hours, no matter the Working Hours ?

----
If you are using multiple accounts in a SHARED ACTION you can have them perform items concurrently. tbh the num threads box should NOT be showing as you do NOT have SHARE ACROSS ACCOUNTS checked. Minor bug.

But if you select 10 accounts, specify 10 max actions(items) and 10 threads, then the program will scrape 10 items to process, then the 10 accounts will process the 10 items, one each at the same time, one thread per account
Answer 2 : OK thanks ! I didn't use the Shared Account setting and performed the test on only one account. I then added a second account and performed another test (still not using the Shared Account box).
I set the Num Thread on 2, and assigned the same action to both accounts.

What happened is that both accounts performed the same actions at the same time, which is what I was looking for.

To test things a bit further, I repeated the same thing but, this time setting the Num Thread from the Processing tab on 1.
So, Num Thread from the Like tab on 2, and Num Thread from the Processing tab on 1.

What I wanted to check here was if the Num Thread from the Processing tab was a global limit.

What happened is that both account ran at the same time, following the setting from the Like tab and ignoring the parameter set in the Processing tab.
Indeed if it followed it, only one account would have process the task.

The problem is : If the Num Thread from the Processing tab isn't a global limit... What is it ? I don't understand its purpose :)

----
Over the years, it has become required for me to force some pauses. If things were done too quickly, you'd get blocks / things would fail. Doesn't make sense for me to give you the option to do things that I know will cause blocks.
Answer 3 : OK so these are hidden parameter we're not supposed to modify. Now I understand, everything makes sense :)

----
CUSTOM SEARCH, id/url/file step should give the info, when you single click it, that this input can take a CSV

<filepath>,rand

So the file path is loaded, randomised, then processed
Answer 4 : OK perfect, the "<filepath>,rand" parameter worked like a charm !

----
Top of my head, if you specify a FILEPATH in ID/URL/FILE option, and set the results per step to (n) then (n) lines of the file should be used only. That's what is SHOULD do, whether it does or not, I'll have to check...

no, I've just checked, seems you've found a bug the NUM RESULTS PER STEP does NOT work on the FILE input. I'll get that fixed tomorrow
Answer 5 : OK that's what I supposed it should do as well, glad to have found a bug in the matrix, you'll not have read all this in vain :)

----
The program will take the top 5 results it can process, then randomise.
Answer 6 : In that specific case, if I tick the "Randomise step result" box, and the soft pick the 5 latest post from the profile... In the end, be it randomized or not it won't matter, since the latest post are, well... Always the latest ? xD

----

Answer 7 : To give context, I want my accounts to work from 8AM to 11.30PM. So I double click my account, click on Show Optional Advanced, and set the Working Hours on 8AM - 11.30PM. So far so good.

From 8AM to 10AM : Like task
From 11AM to 11.30AM : Search and Tweet Reply task
From 1PM to 3PM : Like task
From 3.30PM to 4PM : Search and Tweet Reply task
And so on til 11.30PM, I'll spare you the whole process !

Let's focus on the Like process that will repeat itself every days, within my Working Hours.

I create a Like process with all the parameters I want, and in the Processing tab (and while the process is on Waiting status), I double click on it and add, as Working Hours, the following lines :
0800 1000
1300 1500
1700 1900

By doing so, does that mean the the Like process will run from 8AM to 10AM + 1PM to 3PM + 5PM to 7PM ?
Set multiple working hours and the processor will NOT start an action within those times.
That's the part that I have trouble with.
If I understand right, you mean that from 8AM to 10AM + 1PM to 3PM + 5PM to 7PM, the software will pause and not process the Like action ?
That sounds counterintuitive with the principle of "Working Hours" xD
Some actions WILL stop processing outside of those working hours, but not all
When you say that, you have specific actions in mind ? Or do you mean that this is random ?
Not ideal and if it's a big issue for you, you can hassle me to update / fix it
Nah I'm not going to hassle you to do anything hehe, I just have to understand how things work and will adjust my settings accordingly :D

----

Thanks for you response, you said it took you time but to me it was quick and detailed !
Not to mention it must have been really hard to read it all at night...

Thanks again !
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

GrossoPoto wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:35 am

What will happen in that case, to be 100% sure :
- The "Working Hours" have the priority over the "Time Period" setting ? In which case the Like process will be done every hours within the period of time comprised between 7AM to 6PM ?
- The "Time Period" have the priority over the "Working Hours" setting ? In which case the Like process will be done every hours, for 24 hours, no matter the Working Hours ?
TIME PERIOD only sets your random pause, that's it. If you tell the program to perform 100 items with 1 hour pause inbetween items, then it will take 100 hours. If your working hours are only 2 hours, then you will perform 2 items.

----

What I wanted to check here was if the Num Thread from the Processing tab was a global limit.
PROCESSING_TAB.NUM_THREADS
is how many actions in the processor can run concurrently.

LIKE_TAB.NUM_THREADS
is how many items will be processed concurrently within the action

----
Answer 3 : OK so these are hidden parameter we're not supposed to modify. Now I understand, everything makes sense :)

----

Answer 5 : OK that's what I supposed it should do as well, glad to have found a bug in the matrix, you'll not have read all this in vain :)
I have a feeling it won't be your last to find lol

----

Answer 6 : In that specific case, if I tick the "Randomise step result" box, and the soft pick the 5 latest post from the profile... In the end, be it randomized or not it won't matter, since the latest post are, well... Always the latest ? xD
Correct, in some cases it won't make much sense, but if you consider the follow search

STEPS:
FOLLOWERS (40, rand)
RECENT (5)

MAX ITEMS TO PROCESS = 20

Then it makes more sense as you scraping 40 followers, then randomising them, then getting 5 items for each, but your MAX ITEMS to process is only 20, so you only need 4 followers with 5 items to hit that target, but by asking for 40, it allows more randomness.

So it's there if you need, or not if you don't
----

From 8AM to 10AM : Like task
From 11AM to 11.30AM : Search and Tweet Reply task
From 1PM to 3PM : Like task
From 3.30PM to 4PM : Search and Tweet Reply task
And so on til 11.30PM, I'll spare you the whole process !

Let's focus on the Like process that will repeat itself every days, within my Working Hours.

I create a Like process with all the parameters I want, and in the Processing tab (and while the process is on Waiting status), I double click on it and add, as Working Hours, the following lines :
0800 1000
1300 1500
1700 1900
Honestly, you don't need to set things up so complicated, I've seen people try and set things up on a micro level, but there is no evidence to suggest it's any benefit. It adds complication, and doesn't really do anything long random pauses doesn't achieve i.e. RAND PAUSE: 60-600 which gives 1 minute to 10 minutes pause after an item, sometime the pause will be less, sometimes more, which allows action to process at the same time across each other.

But if you want to go the complicated route, you can, but really, I wouldn't bother

If I understand right, you mean that from 8AM to 10AM + 1PM to 3PM + 5PM to 7PM, the software will pause and not process the Like action ?
That sounds counterintuitive with the principle of "Working Hours" xD
Inside the working hours things will work, outside they won't. I might have got muddled last night, as at the computer for about 15 hours fixing things
When you say that, you have specific actions in mind ? Or do you mean that this is random ?
It's not random, I don't remember exactly and I might be wrong and it was fixed, but I have a feel some types of actions do not stop mid action. Originally working hours ONLY meant only start within the working hours, but none stopped. Then people asked for it to stop the actions and that was added for the requested action, I don't recall if it was added to all. If people asked for it, then it was, if not, then chances are possible it wasn't
Not ideal and if it's a big issue for you, you can hassle me to update / fix it
Nah I'm not going to hassle you to do anything hehe, I just have to understand how things work and will adjust my settings accordingly :D
lol, I imagine you will learn. Every user wants some little must have feature, some are good suggestions some are not, but I am but one person, so if something is important to you, you have to convince me of it's worth as my time is finite :-)
GrossoPoto

Post by GrossoPoto »

Again thank you for your answer !

Everything is answered, and it all makes sense :)

LIKE_TAB.NUM_THREADS
On this part I must have messed with something, because when I set the PROCESSING_TAB.NUM_THREADS on 2, sometimes both my accounts are running, sometimes only one is running.

I think it's because, to "reset" everything, I have to pause the Processing, change the PROCESSING_TAB.NUM_THREADS value, and then start it.
If I change the PROCESSING_TAB.NUM_THREADS while the Processing is running, it's buggy.
lol, I imagine you will learn. Every user wants some little must have feature, some are good suggestions some are not, but I am but one person, so if something is important to you, you have to convince me of it's worth as my time is finite :-)
Yeah well I think that Twitterdub is already extermely complete and powerful, I have no need for additional tiny features as long as there's a trick to get the job done. There might be "quality of life" things to add, but it's not essential.
I just have to get my hands on it seriously and it should be fine :)

Thanks for your time and patience, take care !
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

GrossoPoto wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:23 pm Again thank you for your answer !

Everything is answered, and it all makes sense :)

LIKE_TAB.NUM_THREADS
On this part I must have messed with something, because when I set the PROCESSING_TAB.NUM_THREADS on 2, sometimes both my accounts are running, sometimes only one is running.
There is a protection:
SETTINGS TAB > SINGLE ACTION PER ACCOUNT

This is to stop new users getting the program and going crazy with too many actions at a time without thought and causing issues. So you have to turn it off in order to run multiple actions by account / IP / custom var

I think it's because, to "reset" everything, I have to pause the Processing, change the PROCESSING_TAB.NUM_THREADS value, and then start it.
If I change the PROCESSING_TAB.NUM_THREADS while the Processing is running, it's buggy.
It will raise a flag and ask an action to stop in a good place to do so, it won't kill it instantly
Yeah well I think that Twitterdub is already extermely complete and powerful, I have no need for additional tiny features as long as there's a trick to get the job done. There might be "quality of life" things to add, but it's not essential.
I just have to get my hands on it seriously and it should be fine :)

Thanks for your time and patience, take care !
[/quote]

No worries, if you have any more questions, please just ask :)