How to retweet daily with repeats?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
rhoff

How to retweet daily with repeats?

Post by rhoff »

Hi Martin,

I'm looking to set up some retweet actions that run daily at a specific time and repeat themselves after x minutes, but I'm having a hard time making it happen as the "Daily Run At" option overrides the "Repeat" Options.

So for example, every day at 11am (+/- 1 hour), do a retweet. Then repeat this action every 60 minutes for a maximum of 3 times. Finally, start again the next day at 11am (+/- 1 hour).

Would you have any suggestions on how to best accomplish this?

Thank you so much and looking forward to your reply!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: How to retweet daily with repeats?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

hmm, that isn't going to be straight forward, as you say DAILY RUNNER is just a run ONCE a day at this time, so no good for this usecase.

What you can do is:

Create an action, scheduled to start at 11am (you will need to forget about the +/- 1 hour
REPEAT EVERY MINS = 60
NUM TIMES REPEAT DAILY = 3
Set the search / max items as required
Add the action

Goto PROCESSING TAB, right click action > SET WORKING HOURS = start at 11am allowed working until 4pm (is more than required for your 3x 60min pauses but it does not matter, it just needs to be more)

Now the action will repeat 3 times, then stop repeating for the day and be rescheduled for tomorrow. To be honest I am not sure the WORKING HOURS will kick in HERE, so it could reschedule for midnight, but it does not matter, when the action tries and run the working hours will kick in and it will be scheduled for 11am. Or the working hours might work at the "no more daily repeats allowed" point and it be rescheduled right away to 11am the next day.

Regards,
Martin
rhoff

Post by rhoff »

Got it, this worked, thanks so much!! :D
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

rhoff wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:13 pm Got it, this worked, thanks so much!! :D
:-)