500 Accounts for Twitterdub

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
rubrub

500 Accounts for Twitterdub

Post by rubrub »

Hi, newbie here!

I currently have 500 Twitter accounts running on Jarvee. I'm not satisfied with their Twitter software so I decided to use Twitterdub instead and I would need a bit of help to get started.

I understand there is a Promo feature on Twitterdub which basically lets you run your accounts using basic settings. However, that lacks the filtering and other important stuff.

So instead of that, I decided to just use the Follow feature. Unfortunately, I'm having some difficulties with the settings even after watching the tutorial videos. I have 500 accounts and about 100 sources which I plan to use for Followers_Of.

I want each of my accounts to follow 50 people per day max using the list of sources I will load into the bot. I don't want the bot to follow more than that.

Can you please provide the correct settings for this? Your help will be truly appreciated.

PS: As soon as I get one correct settings, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to figure out the rest. Thank you very much!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: 500 Accounts for Twitterdub

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Hi,
I want each of my accounts to follow 50 people per day max using the list of sources I will load into the bot. I don't want the bot to follow more than that.
SETTINGS tab, set DAILY LIMIT for follow to 50

When setting an action, you will want to set 500*50 = 25000

You can then try a couple of things.

MERGE SEARCH

Setup a search as normal
Check all accounts
Request 25000 results
Repeat daily (24 hours)
Then as input use merge notation

[input1,input2,input3]

Your MAX ITEMS will be divided by each input (so 50), the search will be performed on each item, the results all merged, shuffled then processed

The other option, is MULTI search.
Dump in your results to bulk create the 500 searches, specify 50 per search

Multi works similar to merge, the main difference in MULTI is that each search is considered separate, so you perform search1, follow results of search_1 move onto search2, whereas MERGE performs ALL searches, merges results and then performs.

Probably multi search is better and easier to setup as it is gone in a GUI rather than you constructing the [a,b,c,d,e,f...] notation

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

rubrub

Post by rubrub »

Awesome! Thank you very much!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin