Edit a process's tweet (e.g. the spintax text in a "Quote Retweet")

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
tduser

Edit a process's tweet (e.g. the spintax text in a "Quote Retweet")

Post by tduser »

I realized one of my actions' tweet text spintax is incorrect, but I already made other processes with the same action.

I can't find the message content in the config file opened by the process's "Edit" option, so I'm unsure how I can edit the message content that's posted by the action.

The spintax I wrote is pretty long and complex, so re-writing it entirely is not desirable. Is it possible to retrieve or edit it somehow?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Edit a process's tweet (e.g. the spintax text in a "Quote Retweet")

Post by martin@rootjazz »

If it's not in the EDIT ACTION file, then it's not available as it is not stored as a simple property for editing (text / number /true / false)

What exact action was this? I'll check and see if anything can be done to help you out
tduser

Post by tduser »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:54 pm If it's not in the EDIT ACTION file, then it's not available as it is not stored as a simple property for editing (text / number /true / false)

What exact action was this? I'll check and see if anything can be done to help you out
For Quote Retweet, Search & Reply, and Watch Users for new tweets I'm looking to edit the message content that I want to post, like this:

It'd be great if we could open this window to edit & save this content for existing tasks.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Click VIEW ALL, it should reload all previously used messages so you can select the one you want
tduser

Post by tduser »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:24 pm Click VIEW ALL, it should reload all previously used messages so you can select the one you want
Exactly what I needed! Thanks.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

:)
GrossoPoto

Post by GrossoPoto »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:54 pm If it's not in the EDIT ACTION file, then it's not available as it is not stored as a simple property for editing (text / number /true / false)

Hello Martin,

I've been trying to edit the Max Action value of a Like process, but I'm confused as to which properties I should change.

I want my Like process to like 10 posts max per day. The day after I want to modify it, so that the account like 15 posts max. And so on.

My best bet is that the NumMax value is the one I should go fo, but I'm not 100% sure. Can you confirm the NumMax value in the Edit Action window refers to the Max Action one ?

Thanks !
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

yes NUM_MAX is correct
GrossoPoto

Post by GrossoPoto »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:30 pm yes NUM_MAX is correct
OK thanks, well while I'm here I'm letting you know that there is a problem with the Edit Action feature.
I've launched several Like processes with Max Action set to 10 and a Fluctuate value of 2.

Now, whenever I want to edit the NumMax value through the Edit Action function (while my processes are paused), the NumValue are not set on 10 but on 8 to 12, as if the Fluctuate value was already applied.

What is problematic is that, in the end, I can neither edit the Fluctuate value nor the true Max Action value (NumMax, here).

I've tried changing the NumMax value to 12 on every accounts, but there's something strange. If the Fluctuate value stayed the same (2), I'd have Like results between 10 and 14. It didn't happen, my Like varied from 8 to 12, just like with the old parameter, which lead me to think the NumMax turned back to its former value of 10.

I'd like to increase the Max Action value everyday, so that my accounts do more and more Like task (a warm up process).
The way it works at the moment, it's troublesome.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Yes with the way that fluctuate works, editing a fluctuating action isn't going to be possible.

I suppose I should explain EDIT ACTION was just something added on as a user request for their limited needs, it wasn't supposed to be a complete 100% way to edit all possible parts of the action.

Can you not just recreate the action as you need it?

If it's just a like action, is it that hard to set the search / select accounts set pause / repeat / max as required a fresh?