Re: Filter accounts from list

Post by martin@rootjazz »

thanks for confirming

Regards,
Martin
nsxbl28

Post by nsxbl28 »

Just one more thing if you don't mind. I am not sure if you read one question on my first message because it was at the end but I am going to paste it just in case because I can't select multiple accounts to scrape in the new TD version yet:
By the way, in Instadub I can select multiple accounts to scrape, but not in Twitterdub. Is there a reason why I can't share the same scrape action on multiple accounts to speed up the process?
I will explain myself with an example: I want to scrape the followers of users that I have stored in a text file. If only one account does this, it will take a long time to finish the whole list. But if this action is shared among 10 accounts, it will be (ideally) 10 times faster.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

nsxbl28 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:54 am Just one more thing if you don't mind.
Of course
I am not sure if you read one question on my first message because it was at the end but I am going to paste it just in case because I can't select multiple accounts to scrape in the new TD version yet:
Sorry I think I missed it. no, TD doesn't have multiple shared scrape functionality

By the way, in Instadub I can select multiple accounts to scrape, but not in Twitterdub. Is there a reason why I can't share the same scrape action on multiple accounts to speed up the process?
The functionality needs to be added to TD. This is an issue with the current suite of programs, differences in functionality that I am aware of and have been (slowly) working on the last year to update our entire botting framework to consolidate all the work of the last 8+ years into a single framework which will make all programs work exactly the same, make things more stable, allow features to be added quicker and more reliable and allow new sites to be automated, much much quicker. Along with the long awaited GUI update and bringing things into the new decade. Unfortunately with the pandemic this year things have not progressed as well as I had hoped this year. But a tentative date is the spring for the initial releases.

I will explain myself with an example: I want to scrape the followers of users that I have stored in a text file. If only one account does this, it will take a long time to finish the whole list. But if this action is shared among 10 accounts, it will be (ideally) 10 times faster.
That's not how it works in Instadub either. It is single threaded, just each request is shared between the selected users, meaning each account processes 1/(n) the total requests to not make excessive requests on a big scrape.
Again, ability to thread searches where it makes sense is something in the big rootjazz automation update forever promises and hopefully coming 2021

As for shared requests scraping, I'll look into it in the new year. Please send me a reminder around the 3rd Jan. Sorry it won't be sooner, but I won't be making any big changes to the holiday, just incase a bug creeps in causing issues and I am taking a few days off without turning the computer on over Christmas, then just half days between christmas and new year to keep things ticking over with support and don't want to be frantically trying to fix bugs

Regards,
Martin
nsxbl28

Post by nsxbl28 »

Oh, I had misunderstood how it worked in Instadub. I had just seen that we could check multiple usernames but I hadn't used this feature because I haven't needed it for IG.

These are actually fantastic news! It's great that you have plans to improve the program so much and I am looking forward to see these changes :)
Don't worry about the feature I asked for, just enjoy your holidays as much as you can and take strength for next year. I'm not in a hurry, so that's totally fine for me.

Maybe there is another way to do what I want (it wouldn't be perfect but good enough), so my question is: can I create an action for an username, and then clone it for other accounts? I'm thinking about something like saving action in a txt file from the "Processing tab", to modify this txt file adding other accounts, and then importing it again. I see that we can export/import actions as a .bin file, but I think we can't modify it, right?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Right click an action (in waiting / completed / failed status) and select EDIT AND CREATE NEW (or something like this) to duplicate the action and edit some values.