Processors acting strange When using Filter

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
socialcircle

Processors acting strange When using Filter

Post by socialcircle »

Hey Martin and community I hope you are well.

I was running my same automated processors for weeks on in. And then my computer restarted for an update. When I restarted the program I noticed that the processors weren't working as they had been

Originally I have
Days since last tweet "min=0 max -1" That way it follows users who recently tweeted within the past 24 hours.

"Ignore if Default av"

for some reason now when I use the filter it doesn't perform the follow tasks even when I target certain viral hashtags that are constantly being mentioned. I must also note that once the computer restarted Twitterdub also had an update which I installed and another update 5 days later which I installed. On the safe side I ran no processes for 5 days.

Then I noticed that without the filter engaged it was following again. I can understand that if I had a low filter but on active hashtags I figure it would be working as it has been for weeks. I've tried restarting again after the update but that didn't work. Mind you when I turn the filters off completely it follows fine, is there anyway I could possibly get the filters working again? To make it easier I've even filted it to to follow only 1 person that's tweeted in the last 24 hours (from a 2 million+ follower account. to run a test.

Thanks again Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Processors acting strange When using Filter

Post by martin@rootjazz »

socialcircle wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:51 am
Originally I have
Days since last tweet "min=0 max -1" That way it follows users who recently tweeted within the past 24 hours.

"Ignore if Default av"
Please confirm:
min = 0
max = -1

That doesn't make sense.

and ignore if default

Just those two options? Everything runs fine.
Then you restart the program then things don't work?

for some reason now when I use the filter it doesn't perform the follow tasks even when I target certain viral hashtags that are constantly being mentioned.
please post logs showing this

is there anyway I could possibly get the filters working again? To make it easier I've even filted it to to follow only 1 person that's tweeted in the last 24 hours (from a 2 million+ follower account. to run a test.
Ideally, I would want to see a screenshot of the filter options and of the general action options.
Then logs showing it working
restart program then logs showing it not working (and confirmation of what you mean "not working" - I assume you mean filters everything, but maybe you mean errors, so please be explicit, as when I have to guess, I often assume wrong.

--------------------------------
For future reference, please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Regards,
Martin
socialcircle

Post by socialcircle »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:54 pm
socialcircle wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:51 am
Originally I have

"Ignore if Default av"
Please confirm:
min = 0
max = -1

That doesn't make sense.

and ignore if default

Just those two options? Everything runs fine.
Then you restart the program then things don't work?

for some reason now when I use the filter it doesn't perform the follow tasks even when I target certain viral hashtags that are constantly being mentioned.
please post logs showing this

is there anyway I could possibly get the filters working again? To make it easier I've even filted it to to follow only 1 person that's tweeted in the last 24 hours (from a 2 million+ follower account. to run a test.
Ideally, I would want to see a screenshot of the filter options and of the general action options.
Then logs showing it working
restart program then logs showing it not working (and confirmation of what you mean "not working" - I assume you mean filters everything, but maybe you mean errors, so please be explicit, as when I have to guess, I often assume wrong.

--------------------------------
For future reference, please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Regards,
Martin
Oh my apologies i meant 0 min
and 1 max
for a 24 hour window of tweet activity

Thanks a lot Martin! While I was preparing my logs I wanted to make it easier to review as instructed on the log submission forum post. So I cleared the logs so I can repeat the error action. Then I proceeded to run the program like normal and the filters and follow function was working again. Then My computer restarted with another update, and the problem came back, once again I cleared the logs and the problem was fixed.

Before this I had never cleared the logs after having used the program for a 2-3 years but doing so solved my issue.

Sure thing for technical issues in the future I shall submit the logs as you have instructed.

Thanks again
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

socialcircle wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:43 pm
Before this I had never cleared the logs after having used the program for a 2-3 years but doing so solved my issue.
Logs are deleted automatically after 7 days. They have no effect on how the program works, they are just useful to me, should I need to debug an issue. So that cannot have been the cause of the issue.

It does sound like something is going wrong somehow, but if it "appears" fixed for now we can leave it at that. But honestly, I think it will return.
Sure thing for technical issues in the future I shall submit the logs as you have instructed.
Please do, 9/10 they are essential for understanding what happened / went wrong

Regards,
Martin