PLEASE HELP! Nothing works like I wanted it to, but close to a solution!

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Semtex

PLEASE HELP! Nothing works like I wanted it to, but close to a solution!

Post by Semtex »

Hi All,

The more I look into it, the closer I think I am getting to an answer, but getting some doubts out of the way here is the fastest option I believe.

So I've noticed that after a few days, all of my lines stop because they are either 'Completed' or 'Waiting'. The problem is that I did not want the actions to stop, nor do I have an idea why the rest are waiting. Everything has been setup correctly, or so I thought.

Below is a breakdown of my settings.

For following:
Repeat hours 0
Repeat #times 1
Repeat mins 0
Max Repeats Daily 1
Time Period -

For tweeting:
Random Pause (secs) 1 16000
Repeat hours 0
Repeat #times 0
Repeat mins 0
Max Repeats Daily 1
# Max Tweets 1
Fluctuate 1

For following, my objective for the bot is: Follow X amount of people per day, on set days and between certain hours per week, but to keep doing this.

Am I looking in the right direction when I say that I should probably select the Time Period tab and click the amount of time I'd like this command to run? For example 1 Month after which I can evaluate the performance and re-run it. Are all other settings correct in this case?

For tweeting, my objective for the bot is: Tweet once per day, every single day until I run out of tweets.

When I look at 'Waiting' for the Post Tweets line I notice the following: "Failed to process any items previous attempt: waiting for file to be updated".
Now, I have multiple lines of this command open for different accounts, and all of them say the same thing. I selected the file and ticked the box 'Tweet from file' and did the same afterwards for all other accounts.

Of course after this, I will be setting up the Unfollow tool as well. I just need to know what the perfect settings are to not get stuck after a few days ;)

It's been a bit frustrating after finally getting over the hassle of creating & properly setting up all accounts this stuff stops after a few days, but once I know what I'm doing wrong, I am sure the motivation will be back to continue with the projects. The bot is not the problem, it's my lack of understanding of how it actually works and I want to learn it completely because I know that this tool is very powerful.

Thanks in advance for helping me out, any questions I will gladly answer as I want to get back on track A S A P!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: PLEASE HELP! Nothing works like I wanted it to, but close to a solution!

Post by martin@rootjazz »

ok, so you have misunderstood how the actions work.

The action will be perform your (n) max_items with a pause of min:max between each item until completion.

On completion the action stops. The action can then REPEAT every (x) hours (y) minutes.

So, think of the follow action.

Search: #animals
Follow 10 profiles (max_items)
Pause between 10 seconds and 60 seconds per follow
Repeat this action every 24 hours.

The program will follow 10 profiles, then repeat itself 24 hours later

Think of this action.
Search: #animals
Follow 10 profiles (max_items)
Pause between 10 seconds and 60 seconds per follow
Repeat this action every 1hours.
Repeat 4 times a day

The program will follow 10 profiles,
wait an hour
follow 10 more profiles
wait an hour
follow 10 more profiles
wait an hour
follow 10 more profiles
now it has repeated four times, the action will reset to repeat tomorrow

Lets review your actions:
For following:
Repeat hours 0
Repeat #times 1
Repeat mins 0
Max Repeats Daily 1
Time Period -
your repeat 1 times setting is IGNORED because you have not told the program to repeat with hours / minutes. But assuming you did set a repeat hours value, the program would only repeat ONE time then stop as repeat#times is a total times to repeat . You also set repeat 1 times a day, but that is void as the total repeat times would cancel it out after 1 repeat
For tweeting:
Random Pause (secs) 1 16000
Repeat hours 0
Repeat #times 0
Repeat mins 0
Max Repeats Daily 1
# Max Tweets 1
Fluctuate 1
same here, no repeat value. Also you said make 1 tweet. With a fluctuate of 1, so your possible number of tweets sent will be 0-2. not much point having an action of sending 0 tweets

v2: Getting Started with Twitterdub (updated)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYiZRel ... EflfH0NrWV

--------------------------------
Older tutorials
Getting started with Twitterdub
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 2WUsB1rQN3

All Twitterdub tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... nlEefs2Gan

Regards,
Martin